Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please give me some POSITIVE reinforcement BUT BE HONEST

So my son was at school today and at his lunch table a little boy got sick. My son was sitting one child away on the same side. Please guys, what do you all think? Im really in a panic. Thanks a bunch.

Default Re: Please give me some POSITIVE reinforcement BUT BE HONEST

Guys, my housekeep just showed up and she has cancer, anyway she was telling me she is in remission but needs to stay far away from people right now bc everyone she knows has this very bad stomach flu....WTF she said its going around here like crazy....I think im going to die from panic....my heart is racing so fast.

Can someone please answer me? What are my sons chances

Honestly, I think he should be fine. As long a he didn't touch it or ingest it, he really should be fine.

Well, with your son, I'd make sure he's clean and maybe pump him up with vit c keep an eye on him too. And with your house keeper that's just sad of her cancer but you won't get suck from her... Just wash your hands and be aware!

Thanks guys, I know I won't get sick from my housekeeper, she was just telling me that a lot of people she knows are puking.

As far as my son is concerned, he is cleaned and always washed, it's what he may have inhaled that scares me, how far do vomit spores travel when it is happening? There was one child sitting in between them on the same side of the table.

I'm a wreck

My daughter got sick on me with the stomach flu last month...and I didn't catch it. I know I breathed it in because I smelled it and it was literally on me. So, I think your son will be fine.

Thanks scared sick I keep telling myself that. And also that it may not be a virus, but with something going around and him complaining about his stomach hurting all day before he got sick at lunch, I'm pretty positive it is a virus.

I think you'd have to be VERY close to someone v*ing to inhale the viral particles. I don't think that is actually that common a way of it spreading. I am sure it is usually down to contaminated surfaces/hand hygiene issues etc. Try not to worry - I do think he will be fine xxx

Thank you cinque, I really hope so, he was only 1 space down on the lunch bench, there was 1 child between them. Ugh I'm still freaking out. I just feel like the time is going so slow. My best friend who runs the ICU at NYU hospital said the key for contagion for them is 3 feet and they are safe. I'm hoping he was at least 3 feet away from that boy. ***** GRAPHIC*******From what I understand it wasn't projectile, it was on the table, himself and the floor. I just pray he doesn't get sick, I will be a mess at least until sat.

As you all said he was fine. That had to be the most stressful 72 hrs haha!

Thanks for your help everyone!

Im glad he was ok

wow that must have been scary. i'm glad you guys all made it through okay. i understand how freaky that is; to have someone you know-or, god forbid- you spend a day close to someone but not being worried and then having them get sick and knowing you've been close and panicking about it for weeks afterwards. this happened to me with my sister; she got sick one day and she knows how it scares me and so she made sure, sick as she felt, to try to catch me and rub her hands all over my face. a terrifying and traumatic experience.

Katherines6 its such an awful feeling....OMG, I would have kicked my sister if she did that to me hahahaha!

lol i would have tried to kick her but i was too busy trying to escape!!!!!