Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy not getting much sleep, makes me groggy and anxious

Sorry to be posting again about how sucky emetophobia is to me at the moment! I have been having some sleeping problems lately, mainly due to the anxiety. As most of you know, it can be difficult to sleep when you are anxious. Last night it took me a world record time on getting to sleep, it wasn't until 4:30am that I fell asleep. The anxiety was horrible. I feel so tired and anxious today. I feel groggy and have no appetite. This makes me SO worried. The night before this, I slept so well and I could see a major difference in my thinking processes. I was much less anxious and I was so happy. Sleep deprivation really effects me and this feeling is scaring me greatly. Any tips or advice?
    Thanks again guys and girls. Hope your having a lovely day/night! x

Default Re: not getting much sleep, makes me groggy and anxious

i try meditation at night when i'm anxious......lay very still and concentrate on your toes.....they are falling asleep...then move to your feet, shins, knees, etc.....moving up your body.....you really have to concentrate though.......dont give emet any room in your brain

hope youre sound asleep right now
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks so much! Always very helpful. You're right, emet doesn't need a place in my mind.

Hey,
    I often have problems with my sleep too, and it is just a horrible cycle of anxiety and then lack of sleep and then i start to worry about not sleeping and all the things i need to do etc. Its awful. I'm not sure where you're located but I live in the UK and was prescribed a sleeping tablet called Circadin which contains melatonin and promotes much more natural, quality sleep. I am sure there are many other brands available that contain the melatonin themselves, which is of course what our body is naturally producing but it just increases those levels. Not sure how inclined you are to take medication but my experience of it was quite successful and it didn't make me as groggy as other stronger medications I have used. Obviously not a doctor or medical professional but if you are inclined to take medication, this did seem to help quite successfully. Good luck xx