Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: kinda OT, yoga?

Lightbulb kinda OT, yoga?

so ive been missing a ridiculous amount of school due to my new fear of having panic attacks. now i see it as school=panic attacks=feeling sick=emetophobia=panic (well you get the point lol). this new fear has come up since i had an hour long panic attack on tuesday; it was awful it was the worst attack ive had and i felt like i was starting to gag almost! D:

i think all this stress is coming from me not being 'active' anymore(since i dont have a PE class) and me not eating right/what i should be eating. it would make sense since exersice releases endorphines and helps get rid of stress, so ive decided i want to take up yoga to help ease my stress and get more active again!

the only thing im a little worried about is i read that some people get nauseous from the blood flow to the head when doing some poses (like the dog posture).

have any of you had exericience with yoga and has it helped with stress?
    any advice is welcome :3

Default Re: kinda OT, yoga?

My mother is a yoga teacher and has been for over 20 years. She swears by the fact that it helps with stress, and I've definitely seen it. A lot of the visualization techniques are very similar to what I do in therapy. A lot of it is about mindset, at least in the variation of yoga that she does (Iyengar). There are other types of yoga, such as hot yoga (Bikram) that might not help as much because it is more focused on exercise rather than relaxation.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Default Re: kinda OT, yoga?

Great, im excited to start yoga since i think my emet will start to subside once i can get stress out of the way.