Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey guys, I'm not as freaked as I should be or maybe I shouldnt' be. You tell me. lol OK I'm in my 1st class today and its not started yet so it's only me, the professor and this other girl comes in. Her face was reddish and her eyes teary and my professor said somethign to her about if she was cold and she said yeah and he asked if shes sick and she said she was really really nauseous. So he told her she didn't have to stay and she said she wanted to try and stick it out and I told her if she had to leave I'd copy my notes for her and give them to her next class. So it's an 1 1/2 hour class and after about a half hour she quickly walks out and I heard coughing int he hall outside and she never came back. SO I was surprisingly clam during all of this. I mean I watched her like a hawk since she said she was sick until she left and since she sits in front of me but I wasn't panicky or anything. Now I didn't touch my face really, I scratched my nose by the bridge part but not touching my eyes, mouth or nostrils. And I took a piece of gum but I didn't touch it stuff like that. So really I am not afraid of catching it from being around her. The only part that really worries me is I walked into the hall after class so if she coughed out spores or something? I mean it was about 45 minutes later that class got out so would the germies be alive still? Should I be worried because surprisingly I am but not like I normally would be, I mean I came home and ate,and am going about my business lol. Am I actually being logical!?? OMG! Or do youthink I'm being stupid and should be worrying? Thanks guys.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I think you are being fine. I really doubt you caught anything or the whole school would have it from that one cough. I mean, really, how often has that happened. When I think of a breakout of stomache virus, I think of kids coughing on each other and vomiting right there in front of others. The spores that she would have coughed out would have probably hit the floor before anyone breathed them in, AND she just might have covered her mouth so they are just on her. WHO knows she may just have eaten something to make her feel that way or maybe even pregnant. Depending on the circumstances, I say BRAVO to you and congrats too.

Simply Me,

You did great!! It sounds like she had a cold thing that was upsetting her tummy. She probably went outside because she was having a coughing fit, not to v*.. You are reacting very sensibly, and that is a wonderful thing! Good job!

--Kim

Wow!! You did great! That's great that you're able to go home and go about your day without dwelling on that girl. Way to go!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I think you'll be fine. You really dont know if she v*...it sounds like she could have but you really dont know. Calm yourself. I think you'll be fine. I had a baby cough in my face that actively had the stomach virus [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]and I did not get it (if that makes you feel any better) I FREAKED FOR 3 DAYS! I am fine and everyone was SO great on here.

You will be just fine[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

you'll be fine i'm sure - and oh my god well done for not freaking, i would have been out of that class as soon as she entered, i can't even begin to think about it, argghh.. well done thats a fantastic accomplishment, and you'll be fine, trust me [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

Thanks you guys. Don't get me wrong I'm sure as the days count down I will be freaking lol. And I'm not 100% ok w/ it all but really I justt hought about everyone on this site who have been even closer to IT and not caught anything and tried to think what I would tell soemone else and thats how I got so I wasn't completely panicked. Hopefully it stays that way. Anyhow thanks again! You guys are the bestest!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin