Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Panicking about panic attacks :(

Sorry for posting so much, I'll try to make this short. It's the night before I'm supposed to go back to school and I'm starting to get very anxious/Panicky about it. Last Tuesday I had a severe panic attack at school, left mid-day and stayed home the rest of the week. Since that episode I've been getting VERY anxious about going to school for fear of having another panic attack(and possibly getting sick from it).

I can't keep staying home but at the same time I'm too terrified to go to school now! ): I'm supposed to go to the doctors on Friday to see about getting medication but that's a whole week till now.

I don't know what to do, i just want to be anxiety free, I don't think I can handle another panic attack.

Default Re: Panicking about panic attacks :(

That sucks. I suffer from panic attacks too but not so badly.
    Medication does wonders though, I usually don't need to take medication for my panic attacks but when i'm flying or in a really bad state of mind my mom will sometimes let me have one of her Xanax and that does wonders for panic attacks. I've also taken regular antidepressants/antianxiety medications and those really helped too.
    In the mean time just try to hang in there and tough it out. You should try going back to school and see what happens, you might not even have a panic attack, and if you do just leave.
    Another thing that helps me when I feel myself getting panicky in school, is to just ask to use the bathroom, get a drink of cold water, take a short walk and some deep breaths.
    Hopefully you and your doctor can get things sorted out.

I have been in silimar situations and can understand to the best of my ability. It stinks! One thing that my therapist told me is IF (if meaning you may never get one again) a panic attack breathe OUT first, then in. This proves to your mind that you just had a full amount of air in your lungs and you are not going to die from not breathing. Best wishes and Friday will be here before ya know it

Thanks guys :3 i did go back to school monday/tuesday and was fine, today i didnt go because i have some kind of sinus infection going on :/ but i should be going back the rest of the week. I went to a meditation class yesterday and that seemed to help with some of my anxiety

Good for you

Since I don't want to create a new thread, Ill post here again.

I think I'm allergic to Blackberries! (fresh/packaged) earlier today I ate a Del Monte fresh cup that had only blueberries and blackberries and shortly after eating about 2 or 3 blackberries my throat started to feel tight. I started to get panicked because "what if I get anaphylaxis??" or am allergic in the getting sick way. So I stopped eating them and about maybe an hour after that I feel better. My throat doesn't seem tight anymore but I'm kinda scared to eat anything in case I could have the "sick-allergic" type of allergy.

I don't feel panicked anymore but just a little worried and hungry lol.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by ForeverrCaitlin; 10-12-2011 at 10:01 PM.