Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Fed up...

Default Fed up...

Well, I had written a long discussion about how Emet is totally ruining my life, but it didn't save. So I'm just going to make this short.

As I said above: Emet is ruining my entire life. And it's gotten to the point where suicide has been considered to not have to deal with illnesses at all. I'm looking into therapy, but unless they have Emet themselves, they're not going to understand what I'm going through. So please, if anyone could just please tell me everything is going to be OK, you'll be my hero.
    Thank you.

Default Re: Fed up...

Hi rae. That's funny, my nick name is rae and my last name is katz. but anyway.

Things get better. They really do. And I know a lot of therapist seem to be not as helpful, but you just have to find the right one. i've been emetophobic and have had severe generalized anxiety disorder since i was about six, and now im 19 and it took me until a few years ago to find a therapist and a psychiatrist who worked with my emetophobia and helped me. a good therapist will be able to help you. have you looked into any medications? i know antidepressants can sound kind of like a big step but they have helped me a lot and keep my anxiety at a more maneagable level. things get better, and before you write yourself off, please, please look into therapy. if you get the right type of help, it can really be helpful for your anxiety. and hey, if you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me or anything! i know what you are going through.