Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Oh ew !!!
    I am so sickened.
    My emet-friend and I were parking my car and about to go eat. All of a sudden she was saying "Dont drive over the barf be cafeful !!" Too late, I think. There was a puddle of the grossest you- know- what all over the ground !! I screamed my lungs out and started to cry my eyes out thinking some of it was on my car tire. I would not stop screaming people...
    I am so disturbed. I drove home shaking and made sure I went through the car wash...What if the germs get near me and I catch it...I cant handle it...!!!

Oh ICK!! That is nasty. I always like to imagine that it is something else. (spilled smoothy or melted ie cream) so I don't freak out as much. It could have been?? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Anyway. If it was ..you know what. There is no way you will catch anything. In short of licking your tires I think you are OK. Try not to upset yourself, becasue you will be fine!

--Kim

Hi Kim thanks for the kind words. I will try and convince myself it was just ice cream, that is a GREAT idea. It helps me deal with the visual that does not want to leave my mind...!

Try to calm down.... you washed the car, it's all gone, you won't get any sickness from it. It was a traumatic situation, and that is why you panicked, don't let your mind get carried away though. That really is gross, but that's all. You didn't step in it... you probably saw it, just for a quick glimpse, but you didn't see anyone do it and your hands didn't touch it. You really will be fine!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hey, and it really could have been ice cream. That's true!!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Thanks 2jo2, that means a lot to me. This fear is so irrational, it makes you believe things that arent possible !!

I know... we've ALL been there. Hope you're doing better.

Yeah.. I have had to use the ice cream trick a ton of times. For I am Disneyland junkie, and I see a lot of horrible puddles. But to me they are all just melted ice cream. (not that I go anywhere near them) So I will never know any different. I guess I am just happily ignorant, and proud of it!!

--Kim

Ice Cream puddles are a great idea. It is good to believe that...anything else makes me SO SICK

oh gosh thats so horrible, i feel so sorry for you - but to be honest it really may not have been 'it'.. i see puddles off drink and paint and i automatically think its that, so don't worry, you won't catch anything from it and its gone now, and it probably wasn't that anyway..

i'm so envious you have an emet freind physically (i love everyone on here, but someone to go to college with who knew how i feel would b great too!)

<a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

EWWW that is disgusting! I agree that you will be fine but EWW! I'm sorry you had to go thru that.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Jackie, I do the same thing. When I see a puddle on the ground when I am walking downtown, I immediately think its v*. I always do that, and I avoided it. You will never see me walk over or thru a puddle, is that crazy or what?
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch4133

Jackie, I do the same thing. When I see a puddle on the ground when I am walking downtown, I immediately think its v*. I always do that, and I avoided it. You will never see me walk over or thru a puddle, is that crazy or what?

No not crazy AT ALL, thats all I do or think about when i'm in town.. Its horrible.

It really annoys me when people get so drunk they v* everywhere, its so stupid it can't make them feel good?
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

The other day I went for a walk and as I was walking I saw something in the snow, I started to get a little anxious thinking oh no!! As I got closer I thought should I or shouldn't I look. I decided to peek through one eye, it was only hot chocolate or coffee, there was a cupthere to. Freaked me out!!