Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really struggling at the moment...

I'm nearly 18 and I just feel that this phobia is ruining my life. Everything I do revolves around it and I just don't think I can cope any longer . I can't sleep, constantly feeling nauseated, constantly washing my hands and even my friends have clocked on and constantly saying i'm a "hypochondriac"... but obviously they don't know the truth.

Tonight im feeling really nauseated, keep going hot/cold and weird stomach feelings. Im not really sure if its genuine or not, but I do feel different than I normally do when I get one of my episodes... also my throat is a bit swollen which could be the reason I feel a bit sick.

If anything I just wish people understood me or if I had people to talk to. I was wondering if anyone would be able to chat to me via email? Just to give me advice and support.

Billie x

Default Re: Really struggling at the moment...

Hey billie, I'm sorry you were feeling poorly. I hope you are feeling better by now, we understand how you feel completely. My friends and family know about me being scared of being sick and it's just one big joke to them all. I come here for comfort in knowing I'm not alone...and nor are you! Keep your head up, this is a tough time of the year for most emets entering the winter season. Be strong and good luck.

You can always send me a message here, I check in about 2 or 3 times per day.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Default Re: Really struggling at the moment...

You're definately not alone, when I first found this site I posted something very similar to this. I just turned 18 last month and sometimes I feel really overwhelmed by my phobia, especially with college coming up next year! It's hard to deal with because in my everyday life no one seems to understand, my friends don't really see the phobic side of me and when I tell them about it they react with "OMG! Me too I hate throwing up." but they don't understand that it's a phobia not a dislike. My parents try really hard to be understanding and supportive but they just don't get it.
    So I totally get where you're coming from. I'm not really comfortable giving out an email address to a stranger online, but you can message me on here if you like.