Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Talking Hello everyone :)

Hiya everyone

I'm Nikki from Scotland. I'm 20 years old and have suffered from emetophobia for as long as I can remember!

I read in a magazine yesterday about a woman who suffers and she speaks about her treatment etc. I didn't realise it had a name and most of all, that so many people suffer!!
    It completely rules my life, I suffer bad panic attacks when out in public/eating out and will only eat food that I have cooked (overcooked)! Everywhere I go and in every room in my house, I have chewing gum as when I feel ill or feel a panic attack coming on, it seems to help me.. I dread going to bed every night as I'm scared I will either wake up in the middle of the night with no warning and spew, or wake up the next day and be sick!

Non of my family or friends understand what I'm going though so I'm glad I have found this site with loads of people who do

Default Re: Hello everyone :)

Hi, Nikki! Welcome to the IES forum, it is such a big relief when you find out there is a name and others like you. You are no longer alone and hopefully you'll get some good advice and learn a little more about yourself through others experiences. We all have similar situations and fears like you. I never leave the house without gum, and water and bed time is a scary time for me too. Not only do I worry about myself being ill but I have a 4 year old boy who I fear getting sick at night. Welcome to the club, good luck with over coming your phobia.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.