Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Please please please help!!

It's 4.18am and my mum has been sick. I am in alone with her and I'm freaking out. She woke up with pain in her back/ribs (she gets that sometimes, we don't really know what it is) but she was sick which has never happened before!
    My brother will be out all night for his birthday. I am in my room with earphones in but I'm shaking uncontrolably. I'm scared she will need help but I can't because I can't hear her and obviously I'm terrified!!
    I don't know what to do!
    Be extraordinary!

Default Re: Please please please help!!

How do you know she Is v*ing? Tell me how it happened and maybe I can can help you figure it out

She woke up with this pain in her back/ribs she gets sometimes (she went to the doctor/hospital for it, they think it may be digestion something but questioned her heart) and i was awake anyway cos i just wake up randomly so i was talking to her and stuff and ii was like 'I'm scared it'll make you sick' then a wee while later she went downstairs and i heard the toilet lip being lifted...
    so i put my fingers in my ears (cos thats what i do) then a few mins later i took them out to see what was going on. it was silent a bit then i heard her coughing so i put them back in. I went into my room and shouted 'I dont know whats going on but i'm going into my room' then a wee while later i went to see if she was back in bed, she was and she said she'd been sick,
    She asked me to get a bowl just in case but she didnt think she would be again. I'm shaking uncontrolably now and feel kinda sick myself. Lee is out for his birthday aswell so I'm alone
    i feel bad that i cant help her and i cant hear if she needs anything cos my earphones are in but i cant take them out!

(this was copied and pasted from a conversation on msn with my best friend. Thank god he is awake but he doesnt really understand. Sorry if I've repeated anything or don't make sense)
    Be extraordinary!

It makes total sense! I've been there when I lived at h

Home with my mom. I hated being so helpless. But my take is maybe the pain was just too much? I hear constant pain for a period of time for some People can cause s*. HAd she eaten normally that day?

Yeah I think so, I was out for most of the day but we had a chinese together (we had the same thing) and watched the football with my friend when I came in. But I just thought, I kept offering her sweets and stuff but she just said she was full, usually she eats anything. She'd drank from the bottle of Cola yesterday too and I've drunk from it since.
    Be extraordinary!

Well the cola won't hurt you as long as she hadn't v* before she drank it. How are you feeling now?

You say you both had Chinese? You say she has this pain and drs thinkmit could be digestion related? It sounds like diverticulitis and if she ate rice, that could cause it, and that disease can cause vomit. I'm taking a shot in the dark, but my gut just instantly said this.

It could also be her gallbladder. Hopefully she can get in to see her regular doctor to follow up with testing.

Agreed with Regina
    This too, shall pass

Thanks for all the help guys She was taken into hospital at 6am that morning but got out at about 10. They think it might be a stomach ulcer and she's to go back and get and endoscope at some point. Even though I know it isn't contagious I'm still hardly going near her, I'm not even sure why.
    Be extraordinary!