Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know this is off topic but I am really curious if anyone knows anything about Ouiga boards. A friend of mine goes on this board and she tells me good stories and scary stories about this. I am wondering is it safe?? [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

I myself, being Catholic and all, don't believe in Ouija boards. I personally think that they are evil, and you can let evil spirits in. So I don't think they are safe, and I just don't think that you should be contacting anybody, unless you pray to them. But that is just my opionion
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

I have to agree with Mitch on this one. I personally think they are evil as well. I am of the Evangelical religion...basically Christian.

But...this is my opinion. Have you done any reading on them? I used one a LONG time ago. I had a bad experience. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I can talk to you on MSN about it! If you do choose to try it there are things that you need to know.

Bah! Don't do it, noooooo! My friend got one of those out at a sleepover, we had our hands on this thingy and itm oved but I think it was just my friend and then the door opened and the lights turned off. Scared the heck out of me.

I've had some fun expereinces with them actually. Since I'm not a religious person I don't have anything against them.They are kind of odd, so I would be careful when using them and not to make contact with any bad spirits.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I think they are awesome. I'm catholic and have nothing against them.

Just for fun I think, I believe in ghosts though! Hehe.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I find them evil and scary period. I would't mess with one!![img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Thanks... ok how do you know when you make contact with bad spirits? I went on once and I believe that I spoke to my Grandma, anyone ever talked to someone who was close to them?? I have only watched where some were not very nice.

I had one when I was a teenager and loaned it to afirend and she told me freaky stories so I didn't want it back lol. I don't know that they are "evil" or not but if you aren't sure or are uncomfortable than I wouldnt' recommend messing w/ it.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

They are cool If all hell breaks lose, it's a bad spirit! jk.

I also believe and have a lot of respect in the metaphysical world. Anyone love sylvia browne? she's awesome.

I hear you, I went on once because I wanted to hear from Grandma, I think maybe the once was enough. I have watched and it does get scary.

I think a lot of people use them for entertainment only. Up to you if you think it may bring bad things your way.

I haven't touched one in ages but I am a little supersticious and I was told that you should buy one brand new and never let other people take it out of your house or use it without you present. I know a little silly, but better safe than sorry.

I am not religious either but I would still be careful when playing with the supernatural.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=Blue>Carly --Check out my site---
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    you are on MySpace let me know and I will add you as my friend</font>

I love Slyvia Browne!! I watch her on Montel when she used to be on every Wedesday's. I believe in spirts and ghosts, I even saw a ghost before. I just don't believe that I have any right contacting any. If they want to contact me, then they will, I don't trust a ouija board, cause you never know who it is your really contacting.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

My grandma is deathly afraid of them, she even burned one one time..I hear from her and my mother that they're really bad..i'm going home on spring break i'll ask for the story of why they burned that one. but yeah i hear they're not to be played with b/c bad spirits just show up.[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I personally don't believe in them, but I would love to hear other people's experiences with them. I've always been under the impression that they didn't work!

Jess

id be very suprised if they did work, usually one of the people you do it with end up moving the thing. My cousin said he did it and it worked but i dont believe him[img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img]
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Yeah I personally wouldn't use one. I think that (now this is a personal belief) that the only thing you are messing with when you use one and contact something is a demon. I know some might think this hogwash, but well I think that they can disguise themselves as anything; an angel, a good spirit, your deceased relative, so you would think you were communicating with your deceased relative, when its really a demon. Now this is just my belief. I also think that we cannot have anycommunication with the deceased.

THEY ARE BAD!!!!!!

I have a bad story about one. Bad bad bad. BADEdited by: mystikal star
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel

Yeah I personally wouldn't use one. I think that (now this is a personal belief) that the only thing you are messing with when you use one and contact something is a demon. I know some might think this hogwash, but well I think that they can disguise themselves as anything; an angel, a good spirit, your deceased relative, so you would think you were communicating with your deceased relative, when its really a demon. Now this is just my belief. I also think that we cannot have anycommunication with the deceased.

i actually remember someone saying something similar to me years ago. if thats true then its definately a bad idea to use one
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Yeah I just figure its best to steer clear of those things, I would just rather not take the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jptk
    i actually remember someone saying something similar to me years ago. if thats true then its definately a bad idea to use one

We used to always play with them at sleepovers when I was in middleschool. I think all they did was scare us to death. lol. I don't believe in them andif I had the chance now, I don't think I would play with one just because if the"spirits" we contacted were actually real,none of themever had anything interesting to talk about!!

I willsay that it's harder to get "spooked" if you play with a dozen people (like at a party) instead of just 2 or 3 people.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

Those things scare of pants right off of me, sure if they were safe and I could talk to my dad, it would be wonderful, but it sounds just a little too easy to me.

My friend had one, and once strange things started happening, her mom decided to throw it out only to find it where it used to me. Do I believe her??? 50/50, so I just can't go near those things.

But yeah I'd love to hear the creepy stories that some of you went thru...especially mystical star!!!

Those things freak me out.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Wow, ok I went on once and by the responses I am very hesitant to go on again. My mother told me that when she was a little girl my grandmother had one in the attic and told all her children not to go near or touch that board. My mother is 60 and she still remembers that day, than she said to me Rhonda stay the hell away from the board.

Thanks for your opinions