Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question How do you controll anxiety???

What do you do when you are really freaked out and there is no one to help you???

I know in my heart that I am not sick, but I just can't shake the feeling that something is a little off.... and it isn't! But I can't controll my anxiety and my mother isn't home, and my father doesn't want anything to do with my anxiety attacks, so if I'm scared (which I am), I can't go to him. I'm just really worried. How do you guys controll your nerves about v*ing???

I am only 14 years old, and I really don't want this to be one of those things that sticks with you for the rest of your life. I've had emetophobia my whole life, but it got really bad when I was nine, went away, then came back this summer, worse than it's ever been. School is such a struggle. Can anyone help me?

Default Re: How do you controll anxiety???

I am always here to talk just message me on here if u want it private, or feel free to talk it out here

Call someone and get your mind off it!
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

I use relaxing breathing, which has pulled me out of panic attacks, even. The link to how to do it is in my signature.

I also like to distract myself. I play video games, read a book, sip some water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some things I do to cope are read celebrity gossip magazines or websites, give myself facials, do my nails, go to the gym, do yoga, do homework, watch funny TV shows or get into a really good movie. Sometimes I'll go on Facebook and just find someone to chat with about random stuff. Playing Words With Friends and Family Feud on Facebook is fun too.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Thanks guys!!! I'll be sure to check out that site, too. My mom always tells me to call someone or something, but for some reason my emetophobia has made me really distance myself from friends and talking to them seems to make me feel sicker. Does anyone else feel this way?

I'm hoping that doing things on facebook will help, I'm getting one on my birthday next month. My mom has an age limit for having a facebook in my house so I've been super excited for this bday for forever!!!

And video games do help; the only problem is my mom hates that I'm on them so often!!! lol But I play sims so i feel like i can distract myself from my life and problems by being in someone elses life and making it perfect. like making an awesome house and a beach and have everything be as great as it can be.

thanks emeto_the-alf. have you also experienced things like this?

im always here for a chat - email if you like... [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by katherines6 View Post
    thanks emeto_the-alf. have you also experienced things like this?
    To an extent yes and I am willing to help in anyway I can

What ALWAYS, ALWAYS controls me is A) Going outside (into cool air- hot air doesn't help)! B) BREATHING! Calmed breathing, relaxed breathing, deep breaths, it ALWAYS helps! I also find that regardless of whether my stomach hurts or not, having a hot bean bag thing or a hot water bottle is really soothing!

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

yeah mostly when i'm worried or anxious i'll step outside. once at a sleepover i was so scared i suggested we sleep on the porch bc i was so freaked out and hoped the cool air would help me (though i didnt mention that to them). i think thats the only thing that kept me from getting sick!!! people always say to try breathing too, but so far it has only made me more nervous. idk why. maybe i'm doing something wrong??? idk. i'll try the water bottle thing tho! that seems like a really convienient way to help yourself and can probably be done during school. thanks!!!