Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question prozac side effects???

Today I was perscribed liquid prozac to treat my anxiety, im a little worried about the side effects and wether or not they'll make me feel sick/be sick. Im at a VERY low dosage (1ml a day) so i shouldnt really get any side effects, but im still concered.

Has anyone tried prozac? Are there any bad side effects? I know eveyone reacts different but ya.

Im supposed to start taking it saturday morning so if i could wake up to replies that would be great! ^^
    Last edited by ForeverrCaitlin; 10-15-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Default Re: prozac side effects???

I am on fluoxetine (generic Prozac). I went straight onto one 20mg pill a day. The main side effect I suffered was that I felt GREAT! I was so full of energy, I cleaned the entire house one day! The only other thing I experienced was a weird sensation when I yawned.

Oops didnt realize i had a typo in there, 1ml is my dosage. Im still not too sure about taking it...its really scary to take a new medicine, esp since this is an anti depressent. My mom just came home and was like "well why didnt you take the medicine? They gave you the dosage for a 6 year old. If you're not going to eat then throw it away. Your bringing this problem onto yourself" its like i cant help it! My whole phobia is revolved around my body, taking something that could alter it just makes it that much worse. -sigh- im just starting to give up now,

i've never had any problems with prozac either.......really helps with my obsessive v thoughts......go ahead and take it. i take mine at night before i go to bed....20 mg pill. i do have some pretty crazy dreams......but not scarey! i've gone off this med several times and re-started all with no problems at all.

i hope it helps you as much as it helps me don't be afraid
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I started with 10 mg but was advised by my doctor to take 20 mg. Prozac has been a lifesaver for me. My anxiety and obsessive thoughts are pretty much gone. The only side effects I've experienced are itchy skin and I have a hard time eating meat. I was hesitant at first too but SO HAPPY I took it. Changed my life.