Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face Phazyme might be a lifesaver for me.

Yikes! This is my second medicine-related thread in the last few days! Ha!

My quick/uninteresting synopsis is that I have IBS and severe anxiety over my stomach, along with emetophobia. Which as we all know only adds another ten thousand pounds of unneeded stress and distraction.

My mom is a nurse and bought me Phazyme which is an anti-gas treatment. I think it's really common/well-trusted. Even though it claims to mainly be for gas, the two times I've taken it when my stomach felt queasy, it almost immediately took the pain away. Coming off a hard weekend of some strange stomach bug (abdominal pain and d*, no v* thankfully!), it has helped tremendously.

For once my stomach feels... normal. Like it isn't constantly having issues and causing me grief.

I hope it isn't my imagination or me speaking too soon, but I think this is maybe what I've needed! Does anyone else use it/have success with it?
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

Default Re: Phazyme might be a lifesaver for me.

i take this occasionally also......for years i suffered with bloating that caused severe n.....had no idea it was really just gas. i was miserable....felt like if i moved i would v.......amazing that something as simple as a gas reliever could improve my life so much

glad you're feeling better
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wait, so I get really full and bloated from the smallest amounts of food, and often i think it is gas, but it isnt because I dont fart..lol... when it happens. Its just really full & bloated. Do you think this would help me ?

I think it might! I feel like now I know this was likely the issue. It was the same for me! My stomach would just bloat up and feel like it was going to pop. Sometimes, even after just a few bites of food. It was like trapped gas. My mom said they give it to residents in the nursing home she works for all of the time, after they eat.

This has really helped the bloating when I take it after I eat a meal. The capsules are really small and easy to swallow too which I like. It just takes off that pressure so it isn't so uncomfortable.
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

But does it make you like actually fart? Or just miraculously feel better with no side effects haha ?

Well the good news is that Phazyme or Simethicone doesn't seem to have any know side effects.
    Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A free web based treatment for emetophobia