Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Subconsciously dreaming?

So for like the past month, I have had this ongoing stomach crisis, all my problems acting up at once. But ANYWAY, I never dream when I'm asleep. (I probably do, but I can't even recall any), however, for the past like month I've been having these dreams like 3 times a week, where either I am having stomach pain about to v*, or someone around me is sick and about to v*. And then, when i wake up, I actually am in pain. DO you think my brain is making me feel ill, or I am feeling ill and my body is reacting to it? Ugh, I feel like I'm going crazy.

Default Re: Subconsciously dreaming?

I really think its your brain making you feel ill. i can really relate to you. I know exactly how you feel. your brain can really cause some things like that.

it just sucks, because like i cant control it you know! ughhhhh.

My therapist and I were talking about this because I keep having vivid dreams. She says that a lot of times your brain takes the stresses of your day and expels them in your dreams. I know I always panic when I wake up after a v* dream, ugh. It sucks! But you are not actually ill when you have those dreams, your brain is just thinking about it.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thanks for the response!! I need a therapist. ):

I can relate. I wish I had some real good advice for you. I suffer from nightmares, I get them 2-3 times a week. They are so bad they always make me feel hot and extremely n*. I've kept a small plug in light in my room because I noticed that waking up in darkness from a nightmare makes it worse. Also, I don't want to offend you if you may or may not have any religious beliefs but I keep my rosary beads by me. Alot of times I wake up but I'm not fully awake so I lay there in a half sleep half wake state still dreaming. So I grab my beads and start talking. And to top that off EVERY morning for the first hour I'm n* and my stomach hurts it sucks. I'm sorry I couldn't give you too much advice but I've had the problem for awhile and that's what I do to try and survive the dreams. 😊 Good luck!

ive suffered from GI issues ever since i had a bad case of food poising in 2003 so i know how you feel. i had to have my gallbladder out in 2004 and it made things worse. i suffer from gerd, bile reflux and ibs.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    ive suffered from GI issues ever since i had a bad case of food poising in 2003 so i know how you feel. i had to have my gallbladder out in 2004 and it made things worse. i suffer from gerd, bile reflux and ibs.
    Yeah it sucks. When we have these problems it tends to make everything worse because our stomachs always hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by bakogirl View Post
    I can relate. I wish I had some real good advice for you. I suffer from nightmares, I get them 2-3 times a week. They are so bad they always make me feel hot and extremely n*. I've kept a small plug in light in my room because I noticed that waking up in darkness from a nightmare makes it worse. Also, I don't want to offend you if you may or may not have any religious beliefs but I keep my rosary beads by me. Alot of times I wake up but I'm not fully awake so I lay there in a half sleep half wake state still dreaming. So I grab my beads and start talking. And to top that off EVERY morning for the first hour I'm n* and my stomach hurts it sucks. I'm sorry I couldn't give you too much advice but I've had the problem for awhile and that's what I do to try and survive the dreams. �� Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply, it means a lot. And I am religious, so I should try that. Normally when I wake up in the middle of the night, I get so scared that my stomach starts hurting and then I freak out, so I cant fall back asleep. However I am seeing a therapist soon, so hopefully that helps.

i keep having vivd dreams of my friends v*, today my dog was sick right near me and im still distressed but i feel realy ill know, so i get what your going through!

I learned to love those dreams, because you could experience v* and not be bothered by it at all I don't know why, but every time I've dreamt of being sick/others being sick, I've rather enjoyed the dream xD