Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: How long since you last vomited?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-2 years

18 32.14%
  • 3-5 years

10 17.86%
  • 6-10 years

13 23.21%
  • 10+ years

15 26.79%

Default How long its been since you were last sick

A lot of people say, that us Emet's seem to have an extra resilience to catching bugs and being sick etc so i was curious to see how longs its been for you all, and if its actually true.

Default Re: How long its been since you were last sick

I was just sick with the stomach virus 9 days ago.

I had a bad reaction to a medication this past Spring. I've been ill about once a year for the past 3 years. Before that, it was 6 years with no illness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stace,

Your question is ambiguous about what you mean by "sick." If you mean vomited, the last time for me was 35 years ago. If you mean nauseated, the last time for me was 11 years ago. If you mean "caught a bug," then I'm not even sure.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

46 years, 2 months, 2 days

Wow kej that's a long time!!

3 years plus a few months. Before that, it had been 8 years! (I'm crossing my fingers that I can go that long or more again!)

It's been 8 yrs and five months. It was actually from being drunk(I don't drink anymore!) But I've had several sv* from my kids over the years but have NOT ONCE v*. Hope not anytime soon either

Jeeze, Thats a long time.

8 Years, I think for me.

I was sick in February 2011 from eating something bad. Before that, it had been about 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    I had a bad reaction to a medication this past Spring. I've been ill about once a year for the past 3 years. Before that, it was 6 years with no illness.
    did the medication make you v*?! that's what mine did. :O

Quote Originally Posted by kejelj View Post
    46 years, 2 months, 2 days
    that is so amazing

Quote Originally Posted by katherines6 View Post
    did the medication make you v*?! that's what mine did. :O
    Yup! I'm one of the super rare few who can't take medication for Influenza. Go figure!

ooh yeah! i got sick from an influenza vaccine too before! it sucked because it was right after my 11th birthday. i should have been playing with my new toys or whatever i got but instead i spent it v*ing!
    its just because it was one of the nasal ones tho. with nasal vaccines they give you a live virus but with shots they give you either a dead one or a fake one, i can't remember.
    what i meant by "thats what mine did" in one of my last posts was that my anxiety medication made me v*.

17 years, 4 months and 4 days since I last v*.

I last had proper n* in February this year from a prawn intolerance.

To be honest I was shocked I made it past 10 years, so an extra 7 is a bonus I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by katherines6 View Post
    ooh yeah! i got sick from an influenza vaccine too before! it sucked because it was right after my 11th birthday. i should have been playing with my new toys or whatever i got but instead i spent it v*ing!
    its just because it was one of the nasal ones tho. with nasal vaccines they give you a live virus but with shots they give you either a dead one or a fake one, i can't remember.
    what i meant by "thats what mine did" in one of my last posts was that my anxiety medication made me v*.

Yeah it wasn't the vaccine that made me sick, I had the actual illness. The medication they give to shorten the illness made me sick.

I havent been ill for a couple of years because I just avoid people that are ill that can be contagious and usually end up being ok.

9 years, it was from traveling.

13 years. *knock on wood*

Hey All Im new to this forum but im so happy to find others like myself, its amazing to know your not alone. For me its been around 15 years.. Though the past 2/3 months its been a 24/7 constant thought on my head, ive made myself very ill lately from this phobia, its getting hard to deal with!

I haven't *v since 1988..but since I work in a very busy clinic I am constantly exposed to viruses and usually have some type of cold/flu bug twice a year or more! However, I haven't been sick since I quit smoking in Oct. *knock on wood*

6 years and 7 months from a food intolerance. although last v* from a bug was 10 years ago! i had always been scared of v* and was an anxious kid, but it was from that day that the emet got worse. :/