Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So...

Question So...

So all last winter I took an immune booster. You mix a powder in with water and drink it. So far this winter alls ive been doing is mutivitamins and extra vitamin C. What do you think? Should this as well as good personal hygen be enough to ward off the ickys? I know nothing is 100%. Or do you think Id be better off drinking the immune booster again?

Also like in my previous post my anxiety is getting worse and now a friend on FB said she V* all day at work...like its no big deal. Atleast we are a state away from one another lol but still now my anxietys bad again.

Also I have a head cold my throat hurts and sometimes my ears. This makes me think the multivitamin isnt enough that I should just take the immune booster instead.

Anyones help is welcome.
    Thank you
    Last edited by SarahV; 10-17-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    dette også skal passere

Default Re: So...

What exactly is an immune booster ? And I'm pretty sure that vitamin c only helps ward away colds, and things like that, not stomach flus. I take Emergen-C which is a ton of VitC, and my doctor said it doesnt prevent svs, just boosts the immune system against other things.

what i have is super c. its an immunity booster hydrates and protects. I dont know how much it actually helps.
    dette også skal passere

Hmm i should look into that, where do you buy it at? like a whole foods ?

I bought mine at the grocery store or at the drug store
    dette også skal passere

not really sure that any of those immune boosters do much of anything.....except make money for the company that produces it.

my doctor has always told me for years that if you eat right you don't need vitamins and if you don't eat right vitamin pills arent absorbed well and don't really work........

i've not taken either my entire life.....almost 60 years old.....and can count on one hand the number of colds i've had in my life......same with sv.......soooooo.......save your money......wash your hands
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. Ill keep taking my multi vitamin since my grandpa swore by them and I feel I need to believe him he was a doctor lol. But I havent done the immune boosters. Ive been washing my hands and using hand saitizer when needed. Just keeping my fingers crossed with over 200 inches of snow on its way this year its already not going to be fun :P thanks everyone
    dette også skal passere

sv* can be avoided with good hygiene! Vitamins and immune boosters dont help with sv*. So just keep washing your hands and keep them away from your face, you should be fine!
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."