Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Am I in the clear?

Painter is coming back tomorrow after being sick 3-4 days ago. Should I worry about catching it? It's not like I see him the whole time he's here but I still am weary about it with my 9 month old here with me.
    Everything happens for a reason...

Default Re: Am I in the clear?

I've been reading a lot on the CDC website about the stomach virus, and learned that it can live on household items and be contagious up to two weeks after symptoms. I'm not trying to scare you. but if its a painter, he's less likely to be touching all the stuff you'll be touching cause it should be covered by a sheet or plastic to protect from the paint. i think your fine. just watch your baby, and practice good hand hygiene!

Yeah, it's not like he got sick here either. He will be here Tuesday and called me Friday morning to say he got sick that morning. He was suppose to come today but I told him not to. He doesn't touch anything but the bathroom door if he goes and trust menu clean the handles with bleach spray....pathetic. Thanks for the response. If he was holding my baby I would be freaking more but it's basically he walks in, goes upstairs to our bedroom, paints and leaves.

Typo.
    "trust me I..."