Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: its just me.

Unhappy its just me.

im very new to this site, and im getting there. my names kirsty and im 15 years old. ive been told by people at anxiety.uk that i have emetophobia, as far as i iknow im not afraid of being sick, i havnt been in over two years. But im petrified of anybody being sick. Ive had this since i was 3. To say it controlls my life is an understatment, if i see, hear, smell sick. i have an intense panick attack. i have panick attacks when people cough and when people say they feel ill and have a belly ache. and its not like my panick attacks are little, there massive, i have more then enough symptoms to know that there panick attacks, i like freeze, i cry, i shake, i break out into a sweat, my legs and arms tingle, i have asmtha so as my breathing increses alot my chest goes tight, and i go dizzy. they usally last until im free from the situation. they have lasted for over 20 hours before. theyve got so bad that i often have panick attacks for other silly things like im petrified of ghosts. after i have a panick attack i feel so low and emotionally drained that i just want to curl up in a ball. having this has led me to be in deep depression. Non of my friend understand, and some of them purposly make gagging noises in front of me. to see how i react. having this has led me to be scared of the following, public toilets, i cant step foot in a hosptal, swimming pools, theme parks, pubs/clubs, resturants, school. Although i am in my last year of school ive been having ALOT more panick attacks, people exxagerate and say they feel sick and ill. i know they cant help it. I hate it how people apoligise to me for being ill; it makes me feel like rubbish. ive never met anybody with my phobia, i find everday challeging.
    I have been to councilling and as tramatic as that was it didnt work. When i have a panick attack in front of people its so humiliating, and it makes it worst when people are staring at you. i feel like a metnal patient.
    i dont brag about having this phobia so when people find out it shocks them and they ask alot of questions, i dont mind answering them but its never easy because its not like a phobia of spiders.
    i go to collage in 8 months and im petrified. having this phobia limits on so much i can do. i hate feeling like a freak. i always have anxeity im my stomache. always. its not comfterble.
    i hope by joining this site people who have the same thing as me can talk to me, im thinking about starting a blog, but im not sure im ready to tell people who dont understand just yet.
    if your reading this your probaly bored so ill leave it there, i could go on forever, thankyou for taking the time to read this, and i hope you can get back to me.

kirsty

Default Re: its just me.

Hey kristy, welcome to the site. This doesn't necessarily go for me, but many people on this website are extremely afraid of others being sick, rather than themselves, or getting sick in public. But we are all here for each other with support, so I hope you find what you need.

thankyou

Hi Kirsty,
    I have only been on here for a couple of weeks and have found so much support and inspiration from people! I don't fear anyone else being sick, I fear myself getting sick myself. It is a bully of a phobia but we are all here for eachother!
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

Hi Kirsty, i am quite new to this site, i fear myself and others being sick! I get persistent nausea and i have a lot of sympathy for you.

thankyou both, its just so ugggghhhh. its like whole new other world.

"were just extrodinary people"-my mum