Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Question for other parents...

How do you handle this fear when your kids are sick? How do you avoid getting sick, even when they throw up right on you? Do you do anything to boost your immune system? Especially during the cold/flu season? Do you know what is safe during pregnancy?

I'm really nervous about how I will be with this baby. I'm sure I'll want to keep the baby in a bubble all the time... but the step kids will still bring stuff in... I know my husband is supportive and will help me with whatever comes. I hope that I can get over it somewhat for my baby though.. I don't want to be a bad mother

I've been told to take extra vitamin C and D and this sambucus stuff (elderberry) and these things are supposedly safe. Just looking for any other ideas...

I figure if I can boost my immunity maybe it'll make it easier for me to handle the hard times.

Default Re: Question for other parents...

Be careful with vitamin D when you are pregnant,,,its a fat soluble vitamin and you can OD on it, so the baby could get too much. As for me, my daughter had a sv a month or so ago, got sick on me, and I never caught it. I use probiotics and I swear by them!

I've heard of taking probiotics.. but which ones? I've been eating yogurt everyday. Should I be taking a supplement?

Oh and I know not to take too much Vitamin D.. but I was reading that 2000 IU is safe and recommended during pregnancy.

I take those acidophillus (spelling?) pearls. I seriously haven't been sick once since I started taking them months ago...not even a cold, and my daughter and husband both had sv's and colds...I've caught none of it

Are those safe during pregnancy? I want to keep DH healthy too! And I don't really mind colds too much.