Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Zoloft???

Default Zoloft???

I am seriously a LOON. Tonight is my first night on Zoloft 25mg and the ONLY thing I can think about are all the horror stories of people gaining like 20 pounds in a matter of months. NO THANKS. I am seriously so hard on myself about my body, especially how much I weight. I am 5' ft tall and I weight under 110 pounds. Emetophobia is nothing in comparison to me gaining weight...

I am really looking forward to see if Zoloft will help my anxiety and depression but if I gain even a single pound, I will fall back into the spiraling depression I've been trying to escape for months. How do I avoid weight gain? Sorry I'm just sooooo paranoid. I probably sound like a prick :/

ANY input is welcome as well as any of you that have taken Zoloft, what side effects did you experience?

Thanks!

Default Re: Zoloft???

Honestly, I lost weight but was nauseas so I got off it. It's different for everyone. You have to give it a good month. I would rather put on a few lbs and be happy then be skinny and anxious and miserable all the time. Just eat healthy and exercise

Well I am definitely expecting the nausea. I can deal with that so I am willing to wait it out for x amount of weeks until I see some improvement. I do work out and eat pretty good except I haven't had that great of an appetite the past 6 months or so. I tend to get full really quickly after only taking a few bites but I have a pretty healthy lifestyle. So fingers crossed the Zoloft works in my favor! Thanks for your reply.

No worries! It's a pretty mild drug and a great drug. I wish I could take it, but I get severe side effects from all meds I take, so I don't take any.

I'm sorry about that. That is very unfortunate. I hope you are able (if you have not already) find something that works for you! Best of luck!

I've been on Zoloft for over a month now and it is really helping. I had severe anxiety about weight gain too, because I work out and am happy about my weight. But, I couldn't take the anxiety and depression taking over my life so I bit the bullet and went on it. It has been a month and I've actually lost weight. I'm eating and can't seem to gain any weight, my clothes are falling off of me. I actually feel too skinny now. But, it has helped my anxiety and depression alot. My therapist said after 2-3 months I really really reach my plateau so I'm excited it is already working and will only get better from here. Just be aware of what you are eating and exercise and I think you will be fine! Good luck on it!!