Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Abcnews.com article about Emetophobia

Hey guys, this is gaby, from My Strange Phobia the episode about vomiting. I haven't been on the forum in a very long time because I find that it gives me more anxiety. But, an article was posted today on ABCnews.com about this phobia and I wanted to share it with you guys since I know you appreciate it more than others

Take a look...I changed my name because people from home were bothering me and I dont want new people in my life to find this out about me because its just too hard to explain

Leave some comments because I fear the haters will take over if not!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoo...ry?id=14764219

Default Re: Abcnews.com article about Emetophobia

WOW! Great article!!! It sounds wonderful!! I can handle vomit as long as I know I am not going to catch it... if its a bug, I am paralyzed... and this time of year I become more OCD with the hand sanitizer with my kids... It sounds like you've made some leaps and bounds... so excited for you! Keep up the good work! Also - I was terrified of getting preggers and dealing with morning sickness... My first pregnancy I had nothing... my 2nd, I was very nausous... but zofran took it right away! I still keep zofran on me as well as xanax!

I live in Chicago and have talked to Mark Pfeffer before in the past. I'm wondering if therapy with him is the next step. I don't really know what else to do.

hey gabby, that article sounded just like your episode on strangest phobias

glad to see you again and happy to hear that all is well.......you are a great inspiration to us all
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ok...i just read your post again......so it is your story.....awesome
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Gabby - so glad to hear from you again. I have often wondered how you're doing since the TV show. I really prayed you would be better. Watching you so scared on TV just broke my heart. I use exposure with clients, but never that drastic. Very gradual. I just don't have the heart to upset and scare someone that much. Mainly because I myself was treated with very gradual exposure, although in the end some of it was quite difficult but I felt up for it by that time.

But I'm always interested in how other therapists treat emetophobia and wondering what their outcomes are. Stay in touch!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.