Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HELP. I have to go to work in about an hour...and I feel sick. About my other post...I feel like I'm coming down with something, and my throat is sore, whenever I swallow and I see little white spots now. UGH...my stomac hurts and I can't tell if it's panic or something else. I keep thinking the worst and I'm scared I'll get sick at work. UGH. What do I do?!?!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Try and relax, it sounds as though you are just panicking, dosnt sound like your ill or anything. try to just take some deep breaths. work might take your mind off feeling ill, so then ull stop panicking and feel fine
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

That's not helping me today, I feel really really off. I don't know what to do...and I have no one to talk to because my parents are away this weekend.

Ohmygod.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

have you got any anti naseau pills? Maybe some flat 7up, its really good if your stomach is off. im sorry your feeling this way and that i cant be of much help.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

You see little white spots in your throat or like a flash bulb? I think in your throat its tonsilitis does that (won't get sick from it) Also when I have a sore throat soemtimes I feel sick because I feel like I'm not swallowing right so that may be what is going on w/ you. Give yourself some more time and if you still feel like crap you can always call in. Sometimes just knowing you can call in can help calm you down and make you feel better. Plus if your throat is hurting you may be getting a cold or soemthing and for some reason people tend to freak more about being around soemone w/ a cold than w/ a stomach thing so it'd probably be OK if you didn't go.

Do you have a way to get in touch w/ your parents? Do you have a good friend who might come stay w/ you for a while? I hope you feel better soon but know you are OK and will be OK!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I feel like crying because I'm so worried. Spots in my mouth, and I feel so tired and anxious.

I have to leave in an hour...I can't call in now...I just started feeling like this about 1/2 an hour ago. UGh. I'm going to have to go in, and see if I can leave earlier than planned because I'm not feeling well at all.

YEah, it hurts to swallow. Ugh. And my stomac still hurts...I took 1/4 of a gravol to settle it...I know it's nothing, but it calms me down some. But it doesn't seem to be helping now, and I'm getting more and more anxious.

I can call my parents, but I feel so stupid calling them...I'm 20! I feel like I need to talk to my mom, but I don't want to ruin their weekend.

hey, dont feel bad if you need to call your mom! im sure shell be glad to hear from you! Maybe you could ring your work and say you just started feeling really ill?

I could...but i start work in just over an hour...they'd be angry if I called in so late..

Aww, I'm so sorry. You might have a throat infection or soemthing but it doesn't sound like a stomach thing so that is good. I am online if you wanna IM until you hav to leave. If you are feeling tired and run down that can make you feel sicka nd panicky, it does me anyhow. Let us know how work goes!
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Do you have msn? That's all I have!!!

what type of work do you do? surley theyd understand if you said you were unwell. try not to worry about what they think or if they would be angry cause that can make you more anxious

i work in a restaurant, i'm hosting tonight.

I don't have MSN I have AIM and Yahoo. Wanna see if the chatroom is working? I am going to go and try and get in. Meet ya there if its accessable!
    Benjamin Franklin

It's not working for me!!

GRRR it's not working. I do agree w/ jptk on both counts, you would not ruin your moms weekend by calling her and it might help to calm you down and that ifyou are sick you can't help that and if your job gets a little upset they will have to cope. People get sick. Especially working w/ food you'd think they would rather you nto come in.
    Benjamin Franklin

I think I'm going to call...I'm really not feeling right at all.

You could tell them youv come down with flu? i really think its just anxiety though, so if you do have to go in im sure youll feel better in no time

What is your MSN thing? I dont' know if this will work but it's worth a shot.
    Benjamin Franklin

[email protected]

I can't call...I can't do it..I'm going to have to go in.

okay, in the meantime maybe try some deep breathing, it can really help, and just keep telling yourself your not ill. once you get working you should feel good again

My attempt at being computer literate didn't work.

Well, if you can't call in when youg o in let them knwo you feel miserable and may have to leave early but once you get into it and are busy I think you will start feeling better. Does having your parents away make you nervous? That might be soem of the nausea and anxiety. You will be OK whether you go to work or not and rememebr that you can go home if you need to.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hmm...you can get onto the messenger with this site...

webmessenger.com I think.

Yeah...I'm going to go in and tell them I'm leaving early because I just started feeling ill about an hour before I was supposed to work and I didn't want to call in...I'll probably be okay...but right now I just feel really off.

Thanks for listening though guys.

Im sorry your feeling really off, I hope you feel better soon, im sure you will. good luck with work and let us know how you got on

I tried but my computer is so slow by the time it downloads you will be at work.

I'm sure you will be fine tonight. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Benjamin Franklin

How are you feeling now? I agree with the others. You are probably anxious and I dont know about you but when I am anxious it really does a number on my digestive system!

I ended up going to work and was okay. I want to thank you guys for being there and talking me through it....I was so worked up. Perhaps it was a premonition of things to come...had a pretty bad night (not related to emet). But anwyays. Thanks again.

yay you did it! I'm glad work was ok.

I'm so sorry I wasn't online to help you out [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I hope your feeling better now, I don't think its going to be a stomach bug/virus so thats good.. think positive [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

I'm feeling the same today, my throat hurts still and it hurts when I swallow, so I'm going to get it checked out tommorow I think.

Sounds like you probably have some kind of throat infection or something. I'm glad you're going to get it checked. HOpe you feel better soon!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11