Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

about stomach virus I am going to SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Wait, I just did.

Enough, enough, enough - dienu!!!!!

One of my best friends just called me. She and her daughters were
    sick with the stomach virus this week. Her one daughter had it
    Tuesday night. The other one got sick at school on Thursday and
    then my friend had it Thursday night. She said each of them v***
    every 15 minutes for nine hours. Every where I go I hear about
    nothing other than stomach viruses. I don't hear about colds,
    (influenza only lasted two weeks around here or anything else. If
    someone tells me they have been sick I don't even ask with what I just
    say "the stomach virus?" and of course, they say yes.

I spoke with a friend of mine who is a pediatric nurse in a major
    hospitalaround here and she said they had no confirmed cases of
    influenza this winter. All they have seen in epidemic proportions
    is the stomach virus. She said the ER has been full every night
    since before Christmas with this. She did mention quite a few ear
    infections for the little ones (kids between one and four) but
    everything else has been stomach virus.

Another friend of mine is a public school psychologist told me two weeks ago that her school was infested with it.

Okay - so this has been going around for about four months.
    Actually we knew of several people with it in October and November so
    technically this has been going around for six months.

Tonight my daughter is at a sleepover party. She is in second
    grade. I really did not want to let her go because of the stomach
    virus epidemic. On the other hand I don't want to ruin her life
    with my emet phobic behavior. I checked to see if anyone of the
    12 girls there had been sick in the past 72 hours and non had
    been. Now I am pacing the floors wondering who is incubating this
    bug while they are at the party. I gave my daughter dinner before
    I took her to the party even though I knew dinner was going to be
    served there. She hates cake and pretzels so I know she
    won't eat them. I also told her that I would give her breakfast
    tomorrow and not to eat anything sitting in a bowl that other people
    could put their hands in. The only thing I can really do is just
    wait 48 hours after she comes home.

It is almost March 6th. When the f*** is this damn virus going to go away? Can you tell I am at the end of my rope?

Stella

i know exactly how you feel. luckly where i am the only thing going around is colds & the flu.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I know something else that is really bugging me.. Everytime someone gets sick at my high school they announce, almost sounding proud, of going through their ordeal. And of course I simply love [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]when they feel the need to describe the episode in detail. I just want to scream "Do any of us CARE??"
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

Stella, I can tell you are at the end of your rope[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]ouch! I know how you feel,everyone I talk to has had this flu, hearing thislady shopping at the only grocery store in our town saying oh ya I have the flu, I was throwing up about an hour ago but I have to do the shopping don't want the family starving!! I didn't know what to do, run or ram my cart into her!Holy crap!! I was going through some sites and the health units in Canada and the States are saying that the flu season hasn't peaked as of yet and the flu will continueuntil May. This is the craziest flu season that I have ever heard of in a long time.

Stella, I understand how you feel. I keep hearing of people having it too. Im not sure how bad it is in the schools right now, I havent heard anything bad, so I am taking that as a good sign. I think that it is great that you still let your daughter go to that spend the night party, I dont know if I could have done that.

About the Influenza bug, I am still hearing about that, seems like people are getting it later in the season than usual.

How dare people actually go out while they are sick, especially with "V" Dont they know they are speading germs. Stupid crap like that makes me sooooooo mad!! I want to go up to these people and say "Look stupid, GO HOME!!!!!!!!" Something else that makes me mad too, is when people come in the bathroom, do their business, and then walk out WITHOUT washing their hands!!!! Emet or not, that is just plain nasty!!

Stella, I hope that your daughter will be ok, sounds like you have trained her well. Let us know how the party turned out.

I know what you mean. I thought we were safe around here but then on the news I hear of a college being infested with it, the college is about 3 hours away, but I keep thinking of how people travel and spread it around. There was also another cruise ship with it and I think of how they're saying that what's happening with these cruise ships is indicitive of what's happening on land. I hate that. I am just praying that this season gets over with and summer comes and we can relax. My husband is going ice fishing next weekend with a bunch of guys and I am worried about that too, wondering if anyone will be harboring the virus. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Like jennyleigh said, you trained your daughter well. I hope the party comes and goes without any sicknesses. Let us know.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

What cruise ship have you heard with the virus on it. My aunt and her mother were on a cruise last week.

My grandpa is in the hospital right now, and my mom said that he got the last bed available in the whole entire hospital. I guess it is mostly influenza from what my mom saw. The moment the patient tests positive for influenza, they are masked and sent home as soon as it is safe for the paitient to care for themselves. (like, as long as there are no complications like infection-pneumonia). I don't know about tummy virus stuff here, though. The last I heard was a kick ass diarhea virus that some people vomited once or twice with at the begining. In the earlier months I was hearing more about the vomiting every 15 minute tummy virus. I am with you all though, enough is enough. I want my life to go back to being as normal as possible. I am just sick of obsessing/trying not to obsess. It's exhausting.

Stella you live in Maryland right? So do I. I have not heard about it in the past week. I am not sure if it is epidemic here still or not. I know schools were pretty bad about a week or two ago. I am sure its still in schools. I think it starts to die down in March though...here it does USUALLY. It just seems worse this year. I know that on the news about 3 days ago they said the flu season is light this year and is hitting later and that it is NOT too late to get the flu shot. GEEZ...I got mine in November, will it still be good?

Do you think maybe since we are on constant alert for the stomach viruses is why it seems so bad? I have been rather calm over the past week...well since Tuesday because I had a scare last weekend. I dont know anyone personally that is sick with the sv so maybe thats why I have been calm. I havent been near the hospital (Thank God) so I would not know about the cases...sometimes I wish I did, but I almost think I am better off NOT knowing because I know that there are plenty of people with it.

UGH!

madisonsmom,

Where in MD are you? I am in Baltimore.

Stella

Eastern Shore...far away from Baltimore, away from those sv!

jennyleigh, the cruise ship was one of the Carnival ships. It went from Florida to the Bahamas.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I know how you feel. It totally sucks when you feel bombarded with the virus. UGH.

I hope you're doing okay now.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I live in CT, and the vomit twice then the super runs bug is the one going around. My house got hit with it last week. A lot of people from my job were going home sick with it for about two weeks.My mother says that things like this happen from people being inside to much and not getting enough fresh air. Spring is in a few weeks and April is just around the corner, not that I want to rush my life or anything..I'm with you don't want to hear one more story about the stomach bug!!!

It actually sounds like its dying down. I dont want to say that too loud. I am not sure though. I am hearing as much about it around here. I am not sure about schools though.

Stella, how are you??