Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Only scared when i feel sick? anyone else?

I only seem to feel especially scared when im actually feeling N* or my stomach hurts. When i dont have N* i just think "oh well how bad could it be". but then when my stomach hurts i feel like "oh god this is not going to be okay this is super dangerous, like im gonna be seriously hurt"
    i just feel like i cant let that N* elevate any more than it already is. I feel like V* must be the high point of the nausea but really it is not. In fact it feels a lot better than the nausea.
    I have only V* once that i can remember (too young otherwise) and i was really drunk.

Default Re: Only scared when i feel sick? anyone else?

I'm the same way! I can handle it really well as long as I'm not feeling nauseated. Seeing it on tv is gross, but I can do it. Hearing people do is is nasty, but not scary. If I'm not feeling well, it's definitely a small fight to make sure I stay calm and in control.

You're totally right about the nausea being the worst part. Once you V you feel so much better! It's just not an option in many of our minds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Only scared when i feel sick? anyone else?

I'm the same. I live my life and don't care what i do but if get stomach ache or hear about an out break then i'm frightened.