Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default HELP! I need some advice / insight / honesty

My boyfriend got a little, drunk last night, but nothing too extreme. I decided to sleep on the couch last night because I was scared he would be sick in the middle of the night. He woke up this morning and had a normal bowel movement and then returned to bed with a bottle of gadorade. I was playing with my son in the next room when about an hour later I see him dash out of bed and V* all over my room, several. I paniced screamed cried and ran upstairs and waiting before coming back downstairs. When I came back he informed me that he had D* but wasn't sure if it was a stomach flu but he said it wasn't a hangover because he didn't have a headache. I am in a panic. Its been two hours now and I'm still not sick but when am I in the clear? He went home and is sleeping and I don't think he has V* since his episode this morning. I'm so scared to get sick and I'm just waiting and watching the minutes move by on the clock. An SV is pretty contageous and since we spend all our time together I'm guessing if I would have caught the germ it would be close to when he caught it which would mean I would probably be sick soon but I'm startting to go crazy and panic and I need helpm anyone? Comments? Thoughts? Calm me down please

Default Re: HELP! I need some advice / insight / honesty

Hi Chelso0302

Although your boyfriend seems to generally associate headaches with hangovers, don't forget it's not the only effect alcohol can have. I for one always feel sick, and a lot of my friends are the same and often v* frequently after a few drinks. I had a quick look at a website for you, hopefully this will give you some comfort?

Symptoms of Hangover
    Constitutional: fatigue, weakness, and thirst

Pain: headache and muscle aches

Gastrointestinal: nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain

Sleep and biological rhythms: decreased sleep, decreased REM(rapid eye movements), and increased slow-wave sleep

Sensory: vertigo and sensitivity to light and sound

Cognitive: decreased attention and concentration

If your boyfriend does have an sv*, then I suggest you try to keep as calm as possible, wash your hands frequently and bleach your bathroom and other areas where he was unwell. I know exactly how you must be feeling right now - try to be strong and pull through the next few hours, I'm sure you'll be just fine. Perhaps call him and ask how he's feeling? I know it always puts my mind at ease when I know someone only had one episode of v*

Bex

Hey, I understand how your feeling. Alcohol can make people ill the next day, and a headache doesn't have to be a symptom of a hangover also you mentioned that he didn't drink too much so maby it just upset his stomach.

It is likely that its not a virus, just make sure you spray rhe area where he was ill with anti-bacterial spray.

You will be ok x

Just a side note my exhusband would v* every morning after he drank if he had anything sweet to drink or eat (kool-aid, gatoraid, popcicle etc).

Don't know why and he's my ex- so I never investigated it.

Hope this helps some!!!