Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Triggers!

Lightbulb Triggers!

Do any of you have triggers that aren't related to being ill? My husband and I have been having a lot of issues and have come close to splitting up a couple of times and so now whenever he leaves and is gone for a significant amount of time I start to worry and in turn makes me anxious and sick to my stomach. Usually my triggers are people telling me they don't feel good, certain smells ect.. But I have noticed that others things make me feel sick as well! It sucks! I am unable to escape this sickness
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

Default Re: Triggers!

Hmm, I guess emotional stress and anxiety trigger the feeling for me.

Also, this is just bizarre... but some images/patters immediately make me feel sick. I have such a strong negative reaction to some visual stimuli that a friend suggested that I might have synesthesia, or something that sounds like that (I don't know much about what it is other than it's when people get 'senses' intertwined like tasting words, numbers having colours, days of the week/months having colours and their own 'spaces', shapes and personalities (I have that one)).

For me it was only when people said they were sick or if I hear a rumor of it going around. But normallyni suffer from panic disorder and it me udders in my gut. Some people have shortness of breath, I get nauseas

theres many things that could trigger the feeling. for instance, if youu get worked up, it causes your brian to freak out a little bit and if you worry it will make ur stomach hurt and in turn make you feel sick. you wont necesarrily throw up just the feeling. but there are triggers. i have way too many triggers and its crazy because i cant do much ne more

For me, it's just in-person discussion of someone feeling ill, aside from, of course, people actually being sick.
    And for some reason, the song Attack by 30 Seconds to Mars.. my mom once said she was sick to that song while driving, and every time I hear it now, his screams sound like the sound of sickness. Weird, yeah?