Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default PLEASE HELP. Nightmares about this fear.

For the past two nights I have had really scary nightmares regarding this fear. I don't really want to explain all the details because it is so scary and I don't want to scare you guys either. This just makes me so worried when I wake up though. I just want to wake up and be able to control my anxiety but when I have these nightmares it makes me instantly anxious. Can someone please help me out.
    Thanks, hope you guys are alright.
    Peace and God Bless you.

Default Re: PLEASE HELP. Nightmares about this fear.

hi, I somethimes experience similar nightmares too.
    Maybe it's because you think about it alot during the day and before you go to sleep. maybe try relaxing for 15-30 minutes before going to bed by reading, listening to music and slow deep breathing to take your mind off it.

also if you wake up in the nighttime with anxiety you could try sitting up in bed and listening to a song until you fall asleep again.

I hope this helps you x
    message me if you need more advice

Thank you so much for the advice! You have some really great tips there. I really appreciate it. x

i notice when i get a V dream someone within that week actually gets sick. happens every time.

I have nightmares too.
    Graphic-ish:
    I have nightmares of people v*ing in my face and in my mouth and stuff, I have nightmares of being stuck and not being able to move and watching someone v*, I have nightmares of being stuck and hearing someone v* and not being able to cover my ears or run away. I had a nightmare once where I was sick, then I woke up terrified and panicking. These things seriously suck. I feel your pain!
    I know you posted this looking for help, and I really wish I could help. But the nighmares are really scarring and I haven't found a way to get over them yet. So, I'm hoping for more posts on this site that will help everyone who suffers from this get over it.

Sounds like you have these nightmares much more frequently than me. I'm so sorry to hear that. It is definitely a very frightening and debilitating thing, not being able to even sleep without this worry and fear. My mum bought me some tea that helps you to sleep. I have had some sleeping problems because of this fear but this tea has really helped. I imagine it would calm down your brain as well as your body and this could lead to a reduction in night mares. Maybe you could try something like this? I don't remember the name of the tea, but if you go to a health food store and ask for a tea that helps sleep they will help you out. It might just fix your problem with the nightmares. It's terrible, you shouldn't have to have such scary dreams all the time. Sleep is sometimes the only escape and if it enters your dreams all the time I imagine that would be very difficult for you.
    All the best, I wish you sweet dreams

I had one lastnight. It wasn't a nightmare.. it was the weirdest dream ive ever had though! it will make you laugh

I dreamt that everyone had mustaches and they were literally making me sick to my stomach to look at lol I woke up feeling like I was about to V* and the only way to make the nausea go away and fall back asleep was to stop thinking about mustaches! hahahahaa! It was soooo weird and makes me laugh but it was scary cuz I thought I was going to V*!

I had it because all my guys friends wont stop talking about No Shave November lol
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

I have bad dreams, too. and sometimes i just wake up in the middle of the night for no reason and i start thinking that maybe im fixing to be sick... which naturally makes me feel sick... last time it happened, it was at 3 am and i woke my boyfriend up to put in a funny movie... and while the credits were playing i went to relax in a hot bath. it helps me. maybe try relaxing in hot water and putting on a funny movie and it will help

Quote Originally Posted by stopthissong View Post
    Sounds like you have these nightmares much more frequently than me. I'm so sorry to hear that. It is definitely a very frightening and debilitating thing, not being able to even sleep without this worry and fear. My mum bought me some tea that helps you to sleep. I have had some sleeping problems because of this fear but this tea has really helped. I imagine it would calm down your brain as well as your body and this could lead to a reduction in night mares. Maybe you could try something like this? I don't remember the name of the tea, but if you go to a health food store and ask for a tea that helps sleep they will help you out. It might just fix your problem with the nightmares. It's terrible, you shouldn't have to have such scary dreams all the time. Sleep is sometimes the only escape and if it enters your dreams all the time I imagine that would be very difficult for you.
    All the best, I wish you sweet dreams
    I'm not a big tea drinker, but I try hot chocolate before bed sometimes so that I can get to sleep. My Nonnie LOVES tea tho (sort of off topic lol): she drinks about 5 mugs of it a day! :P

they aren't super frequent nightmares, but i get them now and then and they are really scary. usually i just go freaking out to my mother or else sit up in bed and watch Glee or something on my ipod to get my mind off of it. It's just stressful to not know if you will be sick in your dreams at night...

If you are having problems not being able to get to sleep you should take melatonin. That's what I have and after taking a pill each night for it for a while it's been relatively easy to get to sleep at night (though they don't do anything for nightmares!).