Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: feeling fragile

Exclamation feeling fragile

im not in a good mind set at all today. i really need help, ive been paranoid all day and my anxiety has been at its highest all day. i keep telling myself something is going to happen, and i feel so low, ive been curled up in bed all day, i cant stop crying and i cant stop shaking, im trying to stop myself having a panick attack.
    mums ringing the doctors tomorrow, i really dont want to go back to counciling, it was so trumatic, i dont know if ill cope again. I have to go into school tomorrow to do maths revision and im really nervous, can someone please help me..

Default Re: feeling fragile

I'm sorry to hear that you had such an awful day.
    I was feeling really anxious today too, but I managed to get through it, so you can too!

If you really feel like counselling isn't for you, maybe you should try talking to your mom and telling her that it is not working. Or maybe you could try seeing a new counsellor if you didn't like the other one?

As for your maths revision, I would suggest getting a good night's sleep (though I definitely understand how difficult this can be when you are anxious!), maybe doing a little bit of exercise if you can (this really helps me), and just trying to relax and tell yourself that you CAN get through this!

Good luck,

Default Re: feeling fragile

When I was in therapy, one of the (only) useful things I was taught was to see fear as waves in the sea - each wave can seem huge and intimidating when it's at it's worst, but you always know that no matter how big it is at the time it was always come crashing down and dissolve into nothing

I know you must be feeling rotten right now, but try to ride those waves out - they will pass, for sure.

Bex