Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default how long has it been since you v******?

Just wondered how long it had been for you?
    I'm 23 and the last time I got sick I was 7. I was sick once in pregnancy but it was kind of pathetic and didn't really count! I'm so scared of getting a bug this winter

Default Re: how long has it been since you v******?

13 years. I feel like "my turn" has to coming, ya know? :/
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

^ Don't be silly, CRD. There's no such thing as being "overdue." Every day we go without makes us stronger! 35 years for me. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was 9 the last time I was sick. I am now 47. You do the math

I was 8 the last time, and am now 32. It actually wouldn't surprise me if it never happens to me again!

Wow I envy u guys, I v* for the first time 2 years ago,and before that I had been going about 17 years strong, wow now only if I had an crystal ball so I could actually kno the next time that I do,that way I wouldnt worry myself every day wondering if today will be the day.
    It starts with you!

Mine was 10 and Im 34

Abi, I'm the exact same... I'm 23 and I haven't since I was 7. Isn't that something!
    destroy what destroys you

For me it's been about 5 years but it was 13 before that. I hope it's another 30 before the next time but as many people around me that is sick right now I'm feeling doomed

3 years since I last v*...but i can't recall the last time a had a sv. About 18 years I think...

I can't say :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Naketa Parham View Post
    Wow I envy u guys, I v* for the first time 2 years ago,and before that I had been going about 17 years strong, wow now only if I had an crystal ball so I could actually kno the next time that I do,that way I wouldnt worry myself every day wondering if today will be the day.
    same

Quote Originally Posted by synchrogirl4444 View Post
    same

Yep, I agree! If only you could pinpoint one day/time so you didn't need to spend 99% of your life worrying about something that probably wouldn't happen anyway.....*sigh*

I get the same feeling of being "overdue". Like my body has lost immunity to it, and I'm bound to get it. I v*d from drinking 2 years ago, but I haven't had a SV in 11 years. Every year my anxiety gets worse and worse because I feel like 'my time has come'.

How do you all go so long without getting a SV? Just constant hand washing and being careful?

How long? Longtime ago! And getting longer ago by the moment. It's longer ago now than it was when I started typing this!

Really, it was about 22 years ago for me, back in 1989. I got a headache that got the better of me.

I'm not really all that careful about handwashing etc anymore, and still no problems. Since that fateful day, I can only think of 2 or 3 times I was genuinely nauseous.

I really think that being a non-puker is NOT a result of anxiety or special precautions because of the phobia. It may be quite the other way around. I beleive that my phobia may have resulted (partially) FROM having a high resistance to being sick.

Sincerely,
    David

heyy! i'm new to this site but i have been looking at this site to help me with my anxiety and fear. but, to answer your question, it's been over 10 years since i last threw up. i'm almost 21 years of age and the last time i threw up was, i believe, 6 years old. but with that, it's made me a complete phob. i hate the winter because it's definitly flu and virus season. i stay in all the time during this season because of it. it takes over my life and i am not a big fan of it.

Romanian Princess, you're not alone. I dread this time of year! I'm new to this site also and it has already been a huge help

Yes, I agree with what our fair Romanian princess said about winter. I often dread winter for that very reason, and I am discouraged this year because vomiting season seems to have started already, and it's much earlier than usual.

Doug

You know, Doug, I've been reading posts on here about how v*ing season has started early, but I haven't heard/seen anything around me. I'm hoping for at least a few more weeks of low/moderate stress level before I go into my full on ball of nerves

I think it has been about 15 years. Not that I think it means very much as it is not like a deck of cards where you will eventually pull out the ace of spades at some point.
    Mark

A free web based treatment for emetophobia

about 13 years for me!

mowison- it sucks so much because i work with children who are disabled and autistic and my one student went home sick from throwing up. and i had to be in the nurses office with him all morning . i was like in total panic mode

Romanian Princess-I can't even imagine how hard that must be. It's really wonderful that you do that, even tho you suffer from emet. I'm an education major and I know that I will have a rough few years in the beginning!

Mo,

Unfortunately, one of the ways I torture myself is by Googling norovirus on Google news periodically. There is already a lot of action for October. If you did that search right now, you would learn about norovirus activity in Green Bay, Omaha, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Manchester UK, Farmington MN, Coldwater FL, etc. etc.

This article from Grand Prairie, Alberta makes me particularly gloomy about this year's vomiting season: http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/Ar...aspx?e=3344956

Doug

mo- ive been doing it for a few years now, but being in the nurses office set me off. im constantly asking my parents if i am going to get sick and they keep saying no because i wasnt touching him nor around him. and the kid wasnt throwin up when he was there. you think they are right?

2 years ago, i wont go into much detail but i had heat stroke on holdiay in spain v* 5 times and slept for 2 and a half days (not exagertaed)

12 years, 6 months from illness or 7 years from alcohol.

does anyone else besides myself get into a complete panic and anxiety mode late at night and from that it makes you feel sick/

Quote Originally Posted by romanian princess View Post
    does anyone else besides myself get into a complete panic and anxiety mode late at night and from that it makes you feel sick/
    YESSS!!! i have more panick attacks at night, as i have panick attacks over other things too, your not alone!!, i always panick at night in case someone has a sb*

I get panic attacks frequently. Lately, night time has been better for me though. I feel the more quiet the world is around me, the easier I can relax.

I have two small children, two years old and seven months old, and luckily both sleep through the night and that is my only 'me' time, so I try to spend that time relaxing.

Although I will say there has been many times where I've woken out of a sound sleep in mid-panic attack, and instantly worried that I'd be sick because I was sleeping when the panic started -- and therefore feeling more out of control of the situation.