Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: how long has it been since you v******?

It's been 8 years since the last time for me.. I'm 29 now.. I was 21 when it happed last. Before that it was 13 years when I was 8 years old. I've even survived the first trimester of pregnancy without it.

Between 12 & 13 years, and I am not sure it as an SV as it was just v* & no other symptoms except some body chills & slight fever. I have been pregnant twice with no n* or v*, and am thankful for that. I get that 'my time is up' feeling all of the time, but then I try to shake it. I don't mind this time of year, as I feel sicker in the summer because I don't fair well with high temperatures & do not like being hot.

It was last November for me. And it wasn't that bad - V* a few times during the night and by the morning I was fine.

Romanian: yeah, I agree with them. If it would make you feel better, take some Airborne. That always gives me peace of mind
    Gumdropper: That is very discouraging! I try to avoid any news about norovirus to rotovirus

February 8, 2010. So, like 20 months ago?
    Jon
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ill be 23 next month and it will mark 10 years for me.
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

so let me ask since im curious. does anyone know how long it takes for someone to become sick

I was 13 the last time I was sick. Now im 22

11 months =(
    i broke an 18 year V free streak last christmas when i got a stomach bug from people i work with. now it's going around at work again, and i'm hoping i'll be spared :[
    My YouTube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Emet Blog:

Oh my goodness, that is so nerve racking. That goes around my work every christmas.

yeah... i'm terrified that i've been exposed already. working in close quarters with someone who's contagious.... sucks. i've been washing my hands and bleaching like crazy, but i'm afraid i'm going to randomly fall ill in the next day or two. i'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    My YouTube Channel:

My Emet Blog:

Quote Originally Posted by KelleighNicole View Post
    I get panic attacks frequently. Lately, night time has been better for me though. I feel the more quiet the world is around me, the easier I can relax.

I have two small children, two years old and seven months old, and luckily both sleep through the night and that is my only 'me' time, so I try to spend that time relaxing.

Although I will say there has been many times where I've woken out of a sound sleep in mid-panic attack, and instantly worried that I'd be sick because I was sleeping when the panic started -- and therefore feeling more out of control of the situation.
    Hey, Im new here, you have children WOW I like it so much, Can I ask sth? How do you react when your kids are sick? are you afraid of that? or what? im really interestnig coz i would like to have my baby some day, but im scared of morning sickness and everything

night time is the worst for me because if you're like me and up all night and you have nothing to do, its all you think about and then you start to panic. it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Babypath View Post
    Hey, Im new here, you have children WOW I like it so much, Can I ask sth? How do you react when your kids are sick? are you afraid of that? or what? im really interestnig coz i would like to have my baby some day, but im scared of morning sickness and everything
    I am actually not a mom....or even female but I think you should know that a lot of these ladies have kids and in my opinion are very good moms. Being a good parent is about teaching your kids right from wrong, being there to provide a safe and secure home for them and teaching them to be successful people, it is NOT about how well you deal with v*. As a cumulative total between my brother and I, my mom probably had to deal with v* only a few days out of all the years between birth and 18 for both of us. If it were not for my emetophobia those incidents would be insignificant. The morning sickness and such might be a significant obstacle, but you should not think it will mean you can't have kids and can't be a really good parent.

am new to all this but amazed at how many people feel the same. I am terrible at night I get frightened my boys will get s*. I constantly ask my partner for reassurance and panick if they even cough in their sleep. And this time of year freaks me out especially as my kids have had a bug three years in a row now and I just keep waiting for it to come this year. It's taking over my life.

oh forgot to say i was four the last time i was s*

I was 11 the last time I v* and I'm 17 now.

last time i got sick was last month. D:
    once in school and then two days later i got sick in church.
    EEEK

5 complete years, 6 if you count this one

I think the last time i was sick, I was about 16 or 17 and I'm now 27...

1986 ... Although I may have v* once in 1993 (may have been phlegm, but my stomach had been hurting all evening so I'm not sure). I had a sv in 1997 that made me come extremely close, and I came very close again in 2007 during my first chemotherapy treatment. I had another sv in 2008, but it was not as bad as the one in 1997.

I can't ever remember my dad v* and he's been thru chemo and didn't even take any of the anti-sickness drugs. (He had a different kind of cancer, we just I guess won the bad luck pool or something.) My boyfriend has not v* since 1983 when he was 7. I joke around and call him a "goat" because he can literally eat anything and has a cast iron stomach. Neither my dad or my bf are emetephobes.

I almost wish that I'd vommited more so that I wouldnt be as scared now!!! And also I have panic attacks at least once every other day and at the worse times once a day maybe once through the night or before sleep...I hate this so much and now that it's winter I am absolutely terrified of the sv*!!! Anyone out there arou d me age (17) that can help me or talk about emetephobia? (

I v*d ALL THE TIME when I was really little, around 7 and such, and v*ing more just makes me fear it more. The only good thing about it is that getting sick a lot gave me a stronger immune system.
    I'm 14, but you can still message me if you need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by romanian princess View Post
    does anyone else besides myself get into a complete panic and anxiety mode late at night and from that it makes you feel sick/
    Yes! I do okay during the day but at night I'm always waiting for my stomach to start hurting and waiting for my son to wake up crying and start v*******. Then I start getting queasy and it only makes it a vicious cycle. Hate it.

I'm amazed at how long it's been for some people. It hasn't even been a year for me. And before that it had only been 3 years. Both were SVs. Prior to that I think it had been a bit longer. But I usually got a SV once every year or two as a kid/teen. My fear and anxiety has gotten worse and worse over the years and has really become the full blown emetophobia since my last bout right before last Christmas. It was on a 4 hour car ride home (turned into nearly 7 hours because we had to stop at nearly every gas station. Plus, that was the first time my son had it. My husband got it too. It was an awful 24 hours. I would rather have a 2 week long cold with a sinus infection, bronchitis, ear infections, etc than have 24 hours of a SV.

And I'm freaking out right now because at least 6 people have posted on my FB saying they or their kids have an SV (one has a baby under age one who's had it for nearly a week) Plus, a lady at my work has it.

Plus, we just found out I'm pregnant the day before Halloween. I'm only 5 weeks along and am afraid that if I catch something it could cause me to miscarry (I've had two miscarriages already). Nausea and vomiting with pregnancy doesn't bother me. Just the SVs and food poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by catcat View Post
    am new to all this but amazed at how many people feel the same. I am terrible at night I get frightened my boys will get s*. I constantly ask my partner for reassurance and panick if they even cough in their sleep. And this time of year freaks me out especially as my kids have had a bug three years in a row now and I just keep waiting for it to come this year. It's taking over my life.
    I am the same way! When I hear my son stir or cough or make any noise on his monitor my heart skips a few beats and then starts pounding. My palms get sweaty and I have a hard time breathing. Every time he's been s* (4 times within the last year and he just turned 3 on the 3rd) it's been in his sleep. He wakes up screaming then v*.

I think it has been about 4 or 5 years. Mum made pasties for dinner and it just didnt quite agree with me, it appears. Havent eaten them since.

Was pretty close to it last night though, keep retching cos I have the flu and the smell of food was turning me.

it's been around 4 years for me. before that, i was going around 10 years or so but i caught an sv from my room mate in university :<

I believe i was 9 or 10 years old but I am still paranoid about it

Not sure when it was the last time for me. I'm 17 now and I think the last time was when I was about 12 or 13. I thought I hadn't been ill for a long time, but after coming on this site and seen posts that they haven't been ill for over 30 years its really weird.