Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Losing my social life

I haven't v*d in 10 years and I the fear of it is crippling my life. I'm a freshman in college and am afraid to sleep at others people houses, in fear of waking up in the middle of the night because I'm sick. I feel like the fear and anxiety of getting sick is worse than actually getting sick. Does anyone else feel this way.

None of my friends understand and my family thinks I'm crazy, but I am in need of serious help. Does anyone know a good therapist?

Default Re: Losing my social life

I get that. I find it difficult to stay in places I don't know because of that. My friend recently had her 21st, and I backed out of staying at hers because I felt uneasy.
    I'm constantly worrying about what I'd do if I was going to be s*, and it really is worse at night with nothing to distract me, and even worse when I'm not familiar or comfortable with where I am.

People usually don't understand. It's extremely hard to explain, and embarrassing (for me at least) to have to try and talk about. I'm not sure how the medical system works there, but maybe your GP can talk over the options and suggest therapists to you?

It's is the absolute worse at night. I've only had the SV one time that I was old enough to remember, and I woke up in the middle of the night with it. I think that's why I feel that why. My boyfriend is the only person who is supportive with all of this, my family and friends just think I'm being 'dramatic'

i know exactly how you feel.......i had my mom and my husband read the information and q & a section of this forum and also a few posts from members that were similar to the way i feel. helped them to see that i'm not crazy and this phobia is legit. also printed off a copy for my dr.....

i've been on prozac for many years and it totally helps with the constant obsessing over v.......has helped me live a pretty normal life i've never been to a therapist mmostly because i can't find one around here that even knows what emet it is and don't feel like educating someone on it.....my gp put me on prozac for anxiety before i even knew what emet was.......but had all the scarey feelings and anxiety.

found lots of help and comfort here also........seems there's always someone here 24.7 if you need to chat

hope you find some peace.........coming here is a great first step
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.