Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Trapped in the window-seat!

Not very long ago I went on a vacation to Florida. On my way back home to New York I was assigned a Window seat on the plane. Just as I thought it couldn't get any worse an elderly lady sits in the window seat of my row. She had a terrible air sickness problem. For the record, my emet is less centered around the fear of getting sick and more centered around the fear of v* itself.(extremely graphic) I spent the next 2 hours, which felt like 20, stuck in the window seat having to smell the vile smells and hear the sickening sound coming out of this woman's mouth. The reason that I am writing this is because I feel very alone right now and and I am wondering if any of you people have been in a similar position.

Default Re: Trapped in the window-seat!

You posted this a few days ago, so I hope you see this.

I haven't been in that position personally, but whenever I fly, I know that it's a possibility. I've been in situations where I thought someone was going to be sick, but they never did, but I did panic a lot. Just know that it's not all that common for this to happen. I've travelled on planed at least twice a year for a good ten years and never actually seen someone vomit, only thought it was going to happen. I hope you're okay now, and that it hasn't shaken you up too much.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aw that sounds terrible. that must have been really bad for your emet, and the old lady must have felt really bad too. was she actually v*ing the whole plane ride? :O

i had one incident where i was trapped in a completely silent house when my sister was sick and had to hear it, no matter what i did. i woke up, having spent the whole day with her and therefore very exposed to whatever she had, to hear her v*ing in the bathroom. she came out and apparently i was "bugging my eyes out stupidly at her" so she tried to rub her hands all over my face (i have told this story on this site before). my mother did not know about my emet then so she told me to stop panicking and to go away, and since i was at my grandmas house i couldnt find anything to use to drown out the sound. though i never caught what she had it was really scary so i know how you feel. it kind of screws up anything you want to do... its depressing as well as scary. it just puts you in a negative mood.

if you are still having trouble dealing with your experiences on the plane we are all willing to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by squishy121 View Post
    Not very long ago I went on a vacation to Florida. On my way back home to New York I was assigned a Window seat on the plane. Just as I thought it couldn't get any worse an elderly lady sits in the window seat of my row. She had a terrible air sickness problem. For the record, my emet is less centered around the fear of getting sick and more centered around the fear of v* itself.(extremely graphic) I spent the next 2 hours, which felt like 20, stuck in the window seat having to smell the vile smells and hear the sickening sound coming out of this woman's mouth. The reason that I am writing this is because I feel very alone right now and and I am wondering if any of you people have been in a similar position.
    With my emet my phobia also comes with the claustrophobia which means I freak out If i sit by the window seat because I think "What happens if I feel sick and I cant get out"

This makes day to day travel awful as I get on buses and they get ridiculously packed and sometimes i'm stuck by the window.

Oh My GOD!!!!! I feel sooo sorry for you! I can guarantee I wouldn't have been sitting there for long because I would have had a total screaming and crying melt down on the plane and they would have had to move me as far away as possible!! They should have a seperate section on planes for people who get air sick because the rest of the people shouldn't have to put up with that crap!