Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A Snowstorm here now!!!

Hi Everyone,
    Here in the Northeast, we have SNOW...before Halloween. I am just sooo depressed about this, reminds me of winter and all the nasty "stuff" that comes with it. Cannot believe it...we have like 6 inches already. It's awful...anyone else depressed?

Default Re: A Snowstorm here now!!!

I HATE snow and cold. It makes me stressed, sad, grouchy, etc lol I want to just pack up and leave and go somewhere warm My grandparents go to Florida for the winter and they love it...Majorly jealous!
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I know! I'm supposed to go out to the bars tonight but it's snowing so hard...
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

It's snowing alot where I am, too Surprisingly, I love the winter! I love the snow, the cold & the fashion but in all seriousness, I just try not to freak out and focus on how pretty it is!

Okay it is now Tuesday and we have not had power since Saturday night! It is FREEZING at our house. We went to a hotel in NJ thanks to my husband's work. But my 3 cats are still home. Nevermind all the FOOD we lost again...second time now. I am really hating New England. Sorry for the rant but this is ridiculous. And for an emet is is even worse! ARRRRGH!

Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    Okay it is now Tuesday and we have not had power since Saturday night! It is FREEZING at our house. We went to a hotel in NJ thanks to my husband's work. But my 3 cats are still home. Nevermind all the FOOD we lost again...second time now. I am really hating New England. Sorry for the rant but this is ridiculous. And for an emet is is even worse! ARRRRGH!
    Yuck! The only time I like snow is at Christmas, and only if it doesn't interfere with transportation etc. Maybe it is time to move to a more temperate climate? I got sick of all the Calgary winter cold and snow so I moved back to Vancouver. Rain and temperatures above 0 > snow and freezing temperatures.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

It depends, honestly. I love fluffy white snow that you can do stuff with: make snowballs, build snowmen, etc. (I have two babies, so I look forward to those things to do with them.) But slushy, nasty wet snow is gross, and I hate how it makes the roads slick.

As far as being an emetophobe goes, I actually enjoy the cold in a sense because I generally just feel better in cooler temps. I know this is 'cold and flu' season, but I feel yuckier when I am hot and am more comfortable when I'm cooler. I spent two summers in a row pregnant and I just despised the heat from how miserable and big I was lol.

Kelleigh Nicole
    24 - F - MA - Mommy to Kallie & Damyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You live in the wrong country.
    Come to Australia where the kangaroos never get cold.
    Leave the snow for polar bears.
    Mark

A free web based treatment for emetophobia