Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy am i sick?? im getting anxious/scared :/

So all day today since about 3pm ive been feeling like sleepy/tired and now like lightheaded almost dizzy and i dont know why. I slept fine and woke up at a normal hour but ive felt not "normal" all day. To make things worse in terms of axiety, my dad came over yesterday and today called saying he felt sick (like a cold/cold sweat/tired/sleepy/light and sound sensitive). My sinuses have been pretty bad lately but im like so nervous about if im sick or not. My tempature is normal and ive been eating regularly, the only possible thing i could think of is not enough sugar all day. Ill a had sugar wise was a glass of juice this morning and a bit of pie right now. I know im due for my time of the month but ive never felt like this before. :/

Sorry that was all disorganized but yea, im just really worried right now.

Default Re: am i sick?? im getting anxious/scared :/

These sound a lot like symptoms of anxiety, and anxiety symptoms can make you feel sick, which makes you more nervous, which makes you feel sicker, which makes you more nervous, and so on so that in the end you feel a lot worse than when you started. I think it sounds like you've had enough sugar, and if you haven't v*d or anything yet than you aren't going to from exposure to your dad, who might not be sick at all. And even though you haven't gotten those symptoms before it could still be because it's your time of the month. Sometimes you can feel something you've never felt before. It's just random.
    Relax, you'll be fine. Let me know if you're still nervous and need to talk!

Thanks for repling! Ive been doing better since then, im still learning how to deal with anxiety.

Thats awesome. How old are you?

16 on the 18th

oh cool! i'll be 14 on the 16th ^.^ message me if you want to talk more about anxiety and school! i've met a lot of great people on this site who are really helping me on my way to success and beating my fear! And in turn, I'm trying to help who I can as well.

Ok, its nice meeting you! ^^