Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation What am i supposed to do?

I'm new to this site... my boyfriend and I found it to help me cope with my everyday struggles. For the past 3 days, his 1 year old niece has been sick. Her 3 year old big brother and her mom seem to be fine but Friday she v* about 3-4 times and yesterday she v* maybe 2-3 times and last night she started having the diarrhea. she is playful and still smiling and everything, but at 2 this morning she v* and at 11ish this afternoon she did too... is it that stomach bug going around? she isnt really tired... she still wants to eat some and she seems to be happy... and she isnt v*ing every hour or anything.. its pretty big gaps in between... so what could it be... i havent touched her but i have been in the same room? :/ am i going to get it? why doesnt anyone understand... everyone keeps saying "if it happens... it happens..." or "you should be worried about her...not yourself..". I do care about her.. its just im not in control of this.. whats wrong with her?

Default Re: What am i supposed to do?

She could have a norovirus, or she could have rotavirus - something children get but adults are immune to. You can't catch it by being in the same room or touching her unless she's got poop on her somewhere. I wouldn't worry. It's tough for adults to catch these viruses.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeah, sage is right. i'm pretty sure you can't catch it from being in the same room as her unless she v*d really close to you in that room.

thank yall! she hasnt been sick anymore but it has put a huge strain on me and my boyfriend . I stayed outside all sunday until my mom came to get me.. and only ate crackers for 2 days... i seem to be ok.. and so does she! maybe things will lighten up betwee me and my boyfriend... i just cant help but freak out.... :/

Im feeling the same, bugs are going around the school where my children attend and im starting to panic, I feel like such a bad parent because if my children are sick I worry when im going to get it. Im more worried about myself being sick than the kids. I won`t eat for weeks, won`t sleep etc.........im losing the plot. x

oh my gosh... where are you from??? i take vitamin c pills everyday and if i had kids... i wouldnt know how to handle it with them going to school...

Hi I am from England (west midlands) but sometimes I feel like I can`t cope. Family visited last night and just as they were leaving my sister in law told me she had been up all night being sick the night before so as you can probably guess I have not slept all night, Ive been panicky and can hardly eat. I feel like people do it on purpose even though they don`t realise how bad my phobia is. Why can`t I just be normal, lol. x

Hello, I'm new too and also from West Mids. I know just what you mean - I could slap people who casually mention their sickness only after they've been around you for hours. To be fair, most folks genuinely do not understand the extent of the anxiety otherwise they would be more considerate. If you want to be proactive find out whatever they are most freaked out by and 'casually' start talking about it and keep going once you've got a reaction then explain to them that that is an small indication of how their remarks make you feel. Yep, I'm bad ! But it's not meanness, just getting the message across.

I hate that! Like when you're with a friend and you go, "so where were you yesterday?" and they go, "oh i was v*ing all day. but i'm better now! ^.^"
    EEEEK

It really does make you angry, to everyone else its so trivial but I feel like its a personal thing....I think they must hate me deep down to come near me when they could be passing something on to me. Goodness knows where this phobia stems from but its nice to know that im not the only one in the world and not the only one in my area even. Its such a lonely scary phobia that only fellow emets can understand. xx