Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I'm sure that everybody gets tired of reading posts like this, but I just need a little support. I just got to work about 30 minutes ago and my boss is telling our administrative assistant that she woke up at 3 this morning very nauseated. She has not *v*--she said she rarely *v* but is still nauseated. She did not plan to come to work today but had some important stuff to look over. She just now left to go home(thankfully). I probably shouldn't be worrying because I haven't been any where near her this morning. She feels that she is just very tired and worn down and that is where the nausea is coming from. She has a somewhat sensitive stomach anyway. I really hope it is not a virus. She rarely goes home unless she is just really sick. I've washed my hands really good this morning and a co-worker said she was going to try and find some Lysol!

Do I have anything to be worried about?

I really think that maybe the stress is getting to her and maybe she is over tired, so try not to worry too much. I think if she would have had a virus she wouldn't have even been able to come in....Pleasant thoughts, everything is fine, I'm sure!!!

Sonia

I also think she is probably stressed and tired which could make anyone have an upset stomach. Just keep doing what you've been doing, washing hands etc. and i'm sure you'll be ok. Keep us posted.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I just heard someone else go down the hall talking about another employee out sick with *v*! Is it not a little late for this stuff? I was thinking it would be dying out by now!

Just clean up the office in the common areas and keep washing your hands. THis v bug this winter has been steady from what I've gathered, hopefully this is the tail end of it.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I talked to her a little while ago and she is still nauseated but has not *v*. She is having terrible chills and body aches. It sounds to me like she may have the flu but she thinks it is a virus.

I actually thought of something after she went home this morning. We both went to see a patient in the hospital. This pt was not *v* but I'm wondering if she picked something up there, which really scares me more. What if I picked something up to and I'm just not sick yet. As soon as we came back to the office, I washed my hands really good and she didn't.

I also just got off the phone with someone who lives in a town about 12 miles away and she said she was up all night with the bug.

Now, I'm really starting to freak out and wonder if I have been exposed. I'm starting to get hungry but am afraid to eat alot for dinner tonight. I usually wake up in the middle of the night with it, so I'll probably be scared to go to sleep too!

I always find the less I eat when i'm hungry the more n* I feel.. so bear that in mind when your skipping meals etc..

I'm sure you'll be fine, sounds like your doing all the right things to keep yourself protected. Aslong as you havent been touching them and putting your hands in your mouth you'll be fine..

How are you feeling now?
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>