Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh being a woman sucks sometimes!!

Ugh, I seriously feel like I just finished menstruating a few days ago when in reality I am already due for my next period in about 9 days...which explains why I have been feeling like utter crap lately. Do any of you ladies experience PMS (Pre Menstrual Syndrome) symptoms about two weeks in advance of the first initial day of flow? I feel so nauseated.

It makes me so anxious because I constantly feel like crap and just wanna crawl in a hole until it's all over. URGH I am just huddled up under my blanket lawl. I had a hard time sleeping tonight which I cannot really afford because I have to get up and get ready to go to class around 6:30am. Yay me...

Anyways, how do you cope with PMS?
    How debilitating is it for you?

Feel free to add whatever details or info you would like!

Default Re: Ugh being a woman sucks sometimes!!

I get PMS pretty bad about a week before I actually start. I usually get sick to my stomach (not v* sick but d* sick) a few days before. My cramps sometimes get so bad that I can't walk. It is aweful! I try and take over the counter pain meds but nothing really helps. I just sort of deal with it. I am going to start taking birth control pills soon to see if those help cause I flow really bad too for a week straight! Being a women does suck sometimes. I hope you feel better soon.
    Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear and I can\'t help but ask myself how much I\'ll let the fear take the wheel and steer.

My period tends to hurt the most the week before and the week after, and I freak out because I always think it's a sickness. I get all sorts of weird cramps, gurgling noises, bloated, nausea, and diarrhea. It sucks, I usually tend to eat light around my period so there isn't anything else that could trigger my pain.

I used to get bad periods. They were a bit painful and crampy but it was mainly the fact that they went for four months with a week between - not even kidding. I ended up anaemic from losing so much blood! I now take mefanamic acid capsules when I have my period and that helps keep it under control. It also helps with pain because it is an anti-inflamatory.