Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I have become obsessed...

I am new here but I wanted to share some information I have learned...I have suffered since I was 5 I am now 28, since having children of my own, I even had a homebirth and was exteremly n******* during the last part of my labor, I have become obsessed with finding "remedies" and ways to protect myself and my family or if we get a stomach v**** the ways to avoid v******, I have done tons of research on probiotics, a lot of doctors will say no on them but I swear by them, we take them daily and then I have a high potentcy ones called Tummy Tuneup that I order in case belly problems occur. My 5 year old has had 2 stomach v**** in the past 2 years the first one his dad dropped him off to my husband (who was on graveyards at the time and I struggle mainly at night) and I and said he coulnd't go to preschool they all weren't feeling well so I PUMPED my son with these probiotics he never v'd or had d, he napped longer and ate less but he acted pretty normal that whole day, and me being 9 months pregnant I pumped them into me also and drank lots of fluids. I have also done some research on aloe vera...some claims say taking aloe vera "help keep the intestines healthy where a virus can't hang on" I don't know how true this is but I have found a multi vitamin for my kids with it in it, and supplements for me and my husband. I nurse my kids till at least 18 months because they say kids who are nursed suffer far less from stomach v's. I live everyday in fear but I have sort of helped my family in the long run, I don't feed my kids fast food because that is bad for you and I want to keep them healthy, somethings I feel bad about that I won't let my son play in those germ infested nasty play areas but I get over that quickly when I hear about another person who got sick from them. Right now there is a stomach virus going around and I am on edge, my family has had a cold for a lil over a week so I have had a excuse to not leave my house and pump my kids full of vitamins. I read and read about ways to help n***** if it should occur, I have some anti-n***** pills that my mom gave me but they expire on December 15th and that gives me anxiety just thinking that I won't have them anymore...I try everyday and do my best and pray and pray it is all "ok"...

Default Re: I have become obsessed...

It sounds like you are trying to put in place lots of ways of controlling the risk of infection by bacteria and viruses. I can imagine that this would be exhausting.
    You say what you are doing is an obsession - I think it is around ensuring health certainty. You like to remove all possible health risks associated with infections.
    Certainty= safety but the problem is that you can't actually deliver certainty as the germs can still strike despite all your hard efforts.
    Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A free web based treatment for emetophobia

I am fully aware they can strike even despite my efforts of trying to keep my family healthy. I just obsess over "healthy" ways of life, because we can face it the healthier our lifestyle the healthier we are and while my family may still be struck by a stomach v****we may not get it as bad as everyone or may be able to fight it differently then everyone else. That is my goal to understand it will happen (although I pray never or very minimal) but that I can help control the situation with my knowledge of herbs and probiotics and differnt things that can help our bodies become stronger. And I share custody with my son's father so I know he doesn't live a "lifestyle" like we do, so I know for a fact he does things with him, it does freak me out but I try to not think about it and be strong.

Are those tummy tuneup pills different from regular probiotics you get at the store. I looked them up and they claim they fight the sv, which none of the probiotics I buy claim...I'm just wondering if they are different in any way from regular probiotics. I am a believer too in them! But, if your pill really fights off the sv I'm buying them immediately!

They claim to! My son has had a sv* twice since I have had the probiotics one time he never had any v* or d* and the second time it started at dad's house and when he got home to me I pumped him full of them he only v* once at dad's and had d* there and once he got a good amount in him here his symptoms stopped and he got his appetite back...I am a firm believer in probiotics with or without the sv* and even if they lessen the length and severity of one I am all for them!!

Im a firm believer in all of those things too. I give my children 12 vitamins a day and they are very healthy. we do not eat junk food and eat a very well balanced diet. I don't think any of them will prevent any illness but they do certainly lessen the effects, from what I have seen.

I do believe that illness is in the parents DNA thought. I nursed both of my kids for a year. I have a 6 yr old and a 4 yr old and totaled they have had 3 and I didnt catch any of those. BUT my girlfriend who had nursed all 3 of her kids for 2 years, have stomach viruses 2-3 times a year AND my friend who never nursed either of her kids, they have had 2 colds and never ever had a virus and they are 7 and 4. I heard about this on the show the Drs. one time and it makes sense to me. i was never ever sick as a child and barely am now. I have never had a stomach virus and I am 34. I get colds maybe twice a year.

Thanks I read about the tummy tune ups and they are a fast acting probiotic when you need it to work quickly. I will continue with our normal probiotics on a daily basis, but ordered a bottle of the tummy tune ups so if the dreaded sv comes into our home I have those on hand. I love this site, that we can share products and experiences with one another without sounding nuts!

I'm so glad I have helped!! I also get my kids the Super Kids Vitamins from there! They love them...they are liquid so they are absorbed better and have no additives or preservatives not to mention they have aloe vera in them which some studies say they help the body not hold on to sv*...I do also believe it is in the parents DNA...liek both my kids suffer terribly from allergies like me =(, but my son 5 was nursed for 18 months, he has had 4 sv* to me that isn't too bad considering his Dad doens't have the same thoughts on health as I do and he has been in preschool since he was 2.5! My daughter is only 1 and I know I am sure it will come someday but I hope and will do my best efforts to help her immune system be strong to fight it and suffer less! Like my family is going to start juicing...yay! Heard so many fantastic things about juicing that I think we will benefit from it!! And I would be HAPPY to share anythign I have learned =)