Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I have no idea what I'm going to do?!?!...,

Ok so last night my husband said words I've wanted to hear forever yet have dreaded all at the same time. He told me he is ready to have a baby. I freaked out cuz of the morning sickness and said I couldn't do it yet and he thinks im being selfish but I just can't get myself prepared to be sick... Any advice?

Default Re: I have no idea what I'm going to do?!?!...,

You have to remember not everyone gets morning sickness when they are pregnant. I did not get sick at all while I was pregnant. I was nauseous every now and then, but I took something for that to help. I also didn't get sick while giving birth and I also had pitocin and an epidural. It is a difficult decision to make, but being a parent is the best thing in the world. Good luck in your decision.

I want to be a parent but I want to skip the pregnancy part I can't get past the idea of throwing up everyday or even feeling nauseated although I can handle that as long as I know I won't throw up. I can't go to work and throw up all day I don't have that option If I was a woman that stayed at home this would be easy because oh well if i feel sick while sitting at home watching dr oz but not oh well if i'm at my desk that is a million miles from a bathroom and there is no way i'll throw up just in my trash can sitting at my desk near a multitude of people that would be downright embarassing. Also, I sing in 2 choirs at church adn I don't want to stop singing in them because I feel nauseated and I'm afraid I'll throw up while i'm up there... I need to know that I will be able to go on with life the way it is and do everything the way I'm already doing it and not have to change any of that just because I'm pregnant.

That was my worst fear of becoming a mommy oh and then the fact that they are kids and can get sick also...I have had both a boy and a girl and wasn't sick with either of them. I did research on natural ways to help conrol nausea wih morning sickness and discussed my nausea concerns with my midwife with my daughter, my son was a surprise I didn't find out till I was 11 weeks along. But I can say being a parent is the most rewarding thing ever even for a emet it is a awesome amazing feeling.

I really want a baby.. I really do. I'm just terrified of throwing up or even feeling nauseated all day. I wish there was a way to know I wouldn't throw up from it.

Go to the doctor and explain your situation. You should be able to get medication that you can take if you start to get morning sickness.