Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I just have to ask for some sympathy here....I am not what you call very young..I am 38...but I feel as though I am a big ol baby...I always have something wrong with me...I think I am crazy...I think I am a hypochrondiac...I think I am going insane....this is not really an emet thing though...it seems it is in a way though...I seem to get sick every single month...around my period...with a virus type thing...I am always very nauseas...and bad D...weak...dizzy...migranes...etc...etc...etc....I just wonder if this happens to any of you??? I feel like I am so alone in feeling this way...I always gets these sores...or ulcers...on my tongue when this happens...I have no appetite...I have cold chills...then I sweat...can't eat...don't want to drink really either...it's so wierd to me...i just don't understand WHY this happens to me every single month...any advice???????? Sorry for the crybaby story...but i feel like you are the only ones who would understand this.....so forgive me for being a baby...of course I a scared s***less if I was to actually V...haven't in almost 15 yrs...I am terrified of it......Kathryn

It sounds like its
    to do with your period. I know this one girl I knew used to get chills,
    and cramps, and nausea and just feel awful, like she had the flu, and
    it was because her hormones were messed up. Definately tell your doc
    about this. It sounds like your period messing with you, prolly
    the hormones involved with it. Don't worry, others do get this. Don't
    feel like a baby, its perfectly ok to ask! </font></span>
    Edited by: Galadriel

there is a disorder that comes with periods....it's kind of like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. They put you on Anti-psycotics like zoloft for that.

It definitely isn't a virus, it's a hormonal thing, if it's regular like that. Hormones can cause all of your problems. Before I get my period, I go psychologically nuts, have backaches, exhaustion/weakness, chills, n*, sometimes d*, and breast tenderness. I would see a doctor about it- there may be some way one could help you.
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

Somthing else it could be.. PMDD

Here is a great site about it

http://www.pmdd.factsforhealth.org/what/symptoms.html
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Well, I don't really think I am phycotic...but I am on xanax...but only when needed...I probably need it now huh??? I am going to talk to my gyn about this again...I think hormones do have something to do with this...but I also think I have a low immune system also...and I don't know what to do about that. So, anyway thanks for listening...it helps....makes me feel good...i just can't figure out why it does it soooo often...oh yeah...I have two sons...almost 15 and 11...both boys...the love of my life...who have many many times over the years V......lots and lots....knock on wood...not in about 2 yrs though...i thought i would die trying to make it through that...and i fear it every single night...some worse than others...anyway thanks for the info...K

Thanks KMarie...and Cat283...that might be it...has to do with something hormonal for it to happen so often...i can't think of any other thing it would be...surely you can't get a sv every single month could you????? If that is the case...just shoot me now...because I can't take it anymore...I will study up on the pmdd...don't know a whole lot about it...have any of you ever thought you would rather die than go through this crap every day of your life...i think that all the time...i am not suicidal or anything like that...i am too chicken to do that...but i really really know that there is no V in heaven...and no fears...no phobias...only angels and god and love...that is all i want...to be free from this..i don't want to feel this pain and fear for the rest of my life...i know i am babbling but it's just how i feel. thanks for all your replys...i hope we all have more peacful times ahead of us K

Hey Kate, I am 38 as well and I am beginning to notice that every month a few days before I start, I get sore throats and post nasal drip. It's been consistent for the past four or five months and it seems like my immune system isreally low. Some times it develops into a full blown cold and other times it just goes away. I've been trying to combat it this month with vitamins. Are you on the pill? I've had many friends my age who started reacting badly to it later on in life. In fact, I tried to go back on it after my kids were born and had some really weird reactions like headaches and nausea, hair falling out, etc. It sucks getting old. I just can't wait for menopause (not!).

Quote Originally Posted by kate1966
    [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I
    just have to ask for some sympathy here....I am not what you call very
    young..I am 38...but I feel as though I am a big ol baby...I always
    have something wrong with me...I think I am crazy...I think I am a
    hypochrondiac...I think I am going insane....this is not really an emet
    thing though...it seems it is in a way though...I seem to get sick
    every single month...around my period...with a virus type thing...I am
    always very nauseas...and bad
    D...weak...dizzy...migranes...etc...etc...etc....I just wonder if this
    happens to any of you??? I feel like I am so alone in feeling this
    way...I always gets these sores...or ulcers...on my tongue when this
    happens...I have no appetite...I have cold chills...then I
    sweat...can't eat...don't want to drink really either...it's so wierd
    to me...i just don't understand WHY this happens to me every single
    month...any advice???????? Sorry for the crybaby story...but i feel
    like you are the only ones who would understand this.....so forgive me
    for being a baby...of course I a scared s***less if I was to actually
    V...haven't in almost 15 yrs...I am terrified of it......Kathryn</font>

Hormones can be terrible.

I have a genetic disorder called Acute Intermittant Porphyria.

I thank God every day that Im not a woman because women who do inherit
    this disorder can actually go into attacks every month during their
    menstrual and then after menopause if they take estrogen that is also a
    trigger for the AIP.

My step daughter from a previous marriage had to go to the hospital on a few occasions when she started her menstrual.

She would be in terrible pain and seemed like she was almost dying.

I believe they put her on birth control or something to help with the symtoms or something.

Hope you feel better sis [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

and youre not a baby.

We're stuck inside these bodies that have a way of making life hell sometimes.

Edited by: -celeborn-

Celeborn...you are so kind...thanks for the kind words...especially coming from a man...it helps to know that you all are capable of understanding women issues....that's great...I would like to know about this disorder you have...what's it all about???I just want all of you to know that I am feeling better today...still haven't gotten my period yet...it's been 28 days now and usually it's every 23-25 days...so go figure...maybe today or tonight it will happen...yes we cannot choose our bodies and what they will put us through...unfortunately...i wish we could...but God will take care of all of us...there is no emet or ibs in heaven Kat

Cheerio....no I am not on the pill..I never have been...b/c I am scared of what the side effects would be...so I never tried them but once...long ago for about 6 months...I think that I am in the beginnings of menopause...I skipped a period one time last year...scared me to death...my husband has had a vasectomy about 6 yrs ago so i knew i couldn't be preg...anyway...ever since then...i stay hot most of the time...like hot flashes ya know...and I have always been a very cold natured person....something about getting old I guess...it does suck....i should just get a hysterectomy...but i'm scared to do that too....there is no easy answer...i suffer from really bad allergies year round...so my nose is always dripping...i give myself 4 shots a week for it though....What vitamins do you take that don't upset your stomach???? Kat And Kmarie...thanks for that website I am going to check it out right now. Again...thanks so much for all your good advice and kind words....Kat

I once had an ovarian cyst that ruptured. For many months beforehand, I was not aware that I had it, yet I would awaken in the middle of the night with horrible chills, shaking, with pain in my stomach. You might want to check up on stuff like that.

Thanks Japa...that sounds like I need to see about something like that...you just never know what is causing our symptoms...it's scary...but I guess i need to make an appt. with my gyno again and ask her to check me for diff. things....I am just so tired of feeling bad all the time...I only get about 2 good weeks out of a month...it's sad...I guess i could be a hypochondriac...but I feel my complaints are real...thanks again..Kat

kate, please go and see your gyno. Dont be afraid. Its better to have this seen about than to spend your days worrying. I spent six months going through pure h*** with my periods and such and ended up having a complete hysterctomy in Aug. 2004. Turns out I had endometiosis, and a huge cyst on my ovary, that kept rupturing. I dont regret haivng this done. It hasnt been easy, but it was for the best and I am better now than I was.

I hope you get to feeling better!!

I agree it must be something to do with your period, I know quite a few girls who get the same symptoms as you during that time of the month.. You should go see your gyro, i'm sure they have delt with a lot of people with the same problems so i'm sure they'll be able to help you out [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Hi everyone...I just wanted to report that I am feeling soooo much better today...I finally started my period late yesterday evening...so all my yucky symptoms are gone now..the sore on my tongue is gone...and no more explosive D...no more feeling weak and virusy....the funny feeling in my stomach is gone too....it just has to do something with my period coming on I agree.....I guess I will have to make an appt. with my gyno to see what's up with that...thanks for all your conforting words and advice...it helped me out alot...I hope all of you are doing well today too Kate[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]