Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Dry heaving

Default Dry heaving

So ever since last night I've been nauseated with a headache. I was dizzy this morning. My mom left me home today, and when I woke up around 9:30, I started having a gaggy type feeling and then I started to retch and dry heave, nothing came up, it hurt so badly. This repeated about two times, and it was awful, I would have rather had something come up. It's because I've barely eaten the past two days since I've been feeling pretty crummy.

I don't know why it happened, maybe I have a bug or ate something. But here's a lesson for those emets who don't eat because they're afraid of "it happening"; it will happen if it needs to. Not eating, will make it WORSE. It'll hurt more because of bile, or it'll hurt more for simply dry heaving. My stomach muscles hurt so bad, I can't even sit up, this is in a span of three hours.

I don't mean to scare anybody. I'm scared shitless that I'll v* right now. My mom's at work, I'm thirteen and I'm home alone. But I thought I'd share my experience since I've been doing pretty well with emet lately.

PS: if anybody has any suggestions on how to relieve the intense pain in my stomach (the muscles, not like a tummy-ache) pleaase send them over. I've been sipping on peppermint tea all morning, nibbling on crackers, in case this truly is a tummy flu. Eeeeek.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Dry heaving

My boyfriend has done that in the past, he tends to take painkillers and use muscle rub where it hurts, I prefer to have a hot bath, or curl up with a heating pad. Hope you feel better soon!

First off hope you feel better! Secondly keep nibbling on crackers, I have had dry heaving before and gagging but I won't let myself v* I would rather die. Maybe have your mom get you some emetrol and probiotics they will help. The probiotics will help fight all the bacteria in the gut. Good luck and get lots of rest!

sorry you're not feeling well do you have a heating pad? or hot water bottle? if not, maybe you could get in a hot bath. should help your sore tummy muscles relax. hot tea is good and the crackers are a great idea.

hope you feel better soon
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

omg so scary! i hope you are feeling better!
    i also would suggest a heating pad or a hot bath or shower.
    i'm 13 too and the last time i was sick (with an actual bug) i was all alone as well. it really is terrifying and i know how you feel.

maybe you could message me later? it would be nice to have someone who's the exact age as me to talk to, and we could help eachother get over this terrible phobia. :}

NOW WONDER YOU FEEL BAD! TRY TO GET SOME FOOD DOWN! YOUR BODY WILL GET WEAK AND SICK WITHOUT THE NUTRITION IT NEEDS!

oh and good luck!

Thanks everyone!

I was really scared but I'm fine now. But, now my mom is sick so I'm petrified. She wouldn't have caught it from me, the incubation period is way past.

Katherine, I'll message you now! Everyone here is awesome, but it's always comforting to know there are people the same age as you, struggling with the same thing. We're not alone! xo

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."