Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation New Job. Super nervous

I lost my last job due to missing too many days from my anxiety and this morning when I recieved the call that I got the job Ive wanted really brought up some anxiety. What can I do to make sure this doesn't happen again? I need this job and I just want to do well!
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

Default Re: New Job. Super nervous

Just tell yourself that exact thing...You need this job and you want to do this well...Feel better and Good luck!!!

Staying busy at work definitely helps! If your focused on work your mind will be too distracted to be worrying. but whenever I start feeling sick at work I literally force myself to stay and eventually I feel better, it just takes some time you'll do great!

If by the sounds of it you may have a fair degree of general anxiety then you could try some applied relaxation. It is a coping strategy that may help you get into work.
    There are some free ones available. My favourite is actually one I developed for kids but adults like it too.
    It is freely available and can be found at the emetstudy.org website. I have placed it in the press release and media section as a MP3 downloadable file. Hope this helps to keep the new job.
    Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A free web based treatment for emetophobia