Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Silk soymilk with chunks in it?!?!

Omg I'm freaking out! I ate in my school's cafeteria for dinner tonight. I poured myself some chocolate silk brand soymilk, I took a big swig and right as I was swallowing I noticed chunks in it! I spit out as much as I could but I still swallowed some I looked at the date , it's good until December 17th, 2011 and it had barely been opened. It was riddles with mucusy chunks I'm freaking out!!! Will I get fp* ?!?!?

Default Re: Silk soymilk with chunks in it?!?!

I ate a really large meal too ;(

that happened to me before when i was in elementary school. chances are (as i found out), it was just partially frozen and those were ice cubes. I freaked out about it too for a while until I looked again and realized this. Sometimes schools freeze their drinks.

I'm fine I was just extremely disgusted if anything else haha, thank you for replying!

np glad you're ok.

I am glad you survived. I have seen tofu cows and I don't know if they can really be trusted.
    Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A free web based treatment for emetophobia

hahaha I like that response
    I took some delsym cough suppressant tonight ( as I am currently suffering from a horrible cold) and I'm afraid it has upset my stomach :/ I'm also still coughing nonstop so I'm afraid it didn't do it's job, either!

Oh, that often happens with soy milk. Especially the chocolate ones. The chocolate soymilk I get here often has chunks of chocolate syrup in it which feels gross when it's in your mouth. And one brand of plain soymilk often has chunks and I don't know what they are but I've accidentally swallowed them plenty of times and been fine. I'm glad you're okay, it IS a bit of a shock when you realise. I understand. Hope your cough improves, those are annoying! xx
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with KaydeeJayde. I have soymilk every day instead of milk, and it looks like it has "floaty chunks" in it but it's not bad. It's the consistency of soy when it is liquified, I'm guessing. This morning, in fact, I noticed it too as I was pouring it into my cereal, but it doesn't bother me because it can't curdle like regular dairy milk.
    Just use common sense to the best of your ability--if it's past expiry date and it tastes or smells off, then it's probably good reason to throw it away. I give the carton a quick sniff, and I normally can't smell anything at all. I've even accidentally ingested expired soymilk that tasted a little sour (because I thought it was just the particular brand, it turned out to be bad) and I didn't get sick at all.
    If the texture still turns you off, I recommend trying other milk substitutes like almond or rice, but I prefer soy the most.
    destroy what destroys you

My school carton milk always has chunks of ice in it. Gross, but not harmful !

Ahh when I was in high school, my cafeteria kept their cartons of milk frozen as well which left little ice chunks behind. At first I was like WOAH grosssss but after my initial spaz attack, I realized the milk tasted perfectly fine.

Ugh I'm feeling so 'off' tonight an I don't know how to shake it. I feel like I could have d* and I'm so scared I'm afraid to go to bed

It sounds like anxiety to me which can certainly cause the urge to use the restroom. Do not fret and try and get some sleep. Perhaps you could watch TV for a bit or listen to some relaxing music. However, it should not be anything too stimulating because you want your body to be in rest mode. This too shall pass Hang in there!

Thank you so much for responding

You're welcome!! Have a good nights sleep.