Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Question struggling with food

So ive been out of school for about 3 weeks now due to anxitey but even here at home im still having a hard time dealing with food. I feel like ive been eating crap all day, today i had:
    10am- doughnut with milk and 2 pieces of bacon
    1:30pm- some rice and sweet peas with 1 bacon strip (all together as 'fried rice')
    4:20pm- a small slice of pumpkin pie w/whipped cream
    6pm- an egg and some crackers
    And that all ive eaten today, its not much but its all junk except for the fried rice, kind of.

It gets to the point where im light headed and panic-y about getting sick from not eating.
    My mom says i need to schedule my eating to avoid that light headed-ness but its hard because part of the problem is actually finding things to eat. Im very picky about food like avoiding all fast food and am wary of canned things like soups/tuna and i get tired of eating eggs/sandwich/whatever everyday. My therapist reccomended i see a nutritionist especially since im fairly small (like 125lbs) and restrict my diet.

Are there any safe foods out there that are easy to prepare or keep long in the refrigerator?

Default Re: struggling with food

I went through a period where I literally only ate once a day because I thought, if i didnt have anything in my stomach, I wouldn't v*! But being hungry makes nausea so much worse and it's much more painful to v* on an empty stomach! So ive put myself on a schedule. I eat when I wake up around 9 I have a snack around 12 then snack every couple of hours until dinner. I never eat dinner after 7:30. But I usually drink tea before bed.
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

sorry you're feeling bad ......has the dr put you on any meds? you were doing so well.....you have to remember that time not so long ago when you were travelling, etc with no problems......nothing has changed......just your thinking......staying at home alone gives you way too much time to think about the emet and anxiety which just makes it worse.

i think that getting some better food into you will make you feel better also and would lower the anxiety.....do you like cereal? find some not sugary cereal.....like total or special k.....lots of vitamins and minerals in those......maybe some snack/granola bars......but i agree that eating every couple hours helps me to feel better.
    rice is good.....maybe add some carrots or broccoli or some veggie you like. eggs are good too......lots of protein.

i hope you feel better soon......fight this and get back out there and start having fun again......love reading your fun fb posts......you can do it
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

crazygirl1123: i agree with you; when i get hungry i get nauseous so i try to always eat when i feel hungry even if its like 9 or 10 i'll eat some crackers or toast.

olschesky: i'm on Flonaze, Prilosec, Benadryl and will be starting Prozac soon. i've also been trying to eat healthier and eat alot more colors since i notice my foods are very nuetral colored. i like cereal but im kind of lactose sensitive, it usually works as a laxative on me (same thing with my uncle lol) so i try to limit or avoid fresh milk. i remember trying almond milk once and that was good, maybe i'll buy some more of that so i can enjoy cereal again :3

hopefully prozac will do the trick for you

i like vanilla soy milk on my cereal can you eat yogurt? sometimes i put yogurt on cheerios....yummm. i eat at night too.....if i wake up and i'm hungry a grab a handful of cheerios and eat them dry. i can't sleep if i'm hungry

hope you get to feeling better........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't eat that much during the day either. There was a time when my emet was so bad that I wouldn't eat anything at all during the day except some yogurt or ice cream to get my pills down.
    if you aren't eating that much right now i wouldnt worry about what you're eating, just that you're eating. when i didn't eat i lost a lot of weight and my mom got me to eat a little more each day by preparing something that i enjoyed, even if it wasn't actually healthy. try to get yourself used to having regular meals and things with foods you really like, and then once you're used to the idea of eating you can change to more healthy items.