Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Exclamation I was doing so well :'(

So I've been doing really well over the last few weeks...a combination of good hygeine and regular chats with people on here has really helped me get through the first dreaded weeks of the wintery season.. However, I seem to have hit a bit of a brick wall today.

My boss took yesterday off work to look after his wife, who was "ill" (that infamous word - you need to know that it's NOT a sv*, but how are you supposed to know what "ill" entails without interrogating someone?), but as he was back in today (seemingly fit and healthy) I assumed all was well. Clearly I misjudged that one... He's just had to leave the office because his wife passed out at work this morning. He even made a joke about it ("I hope she v* on her boss in the car on the way home, ha ha") but this has set all my alarm bells off. I've been working with him on a project for the best part of the morning - and I haven't kept track of how many times I've washed my hands/put them near my face by accident. Has anyone got any suggestions? This is just horrid :'(

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LEAVE THEIR GERMY SELVES AT HOME WHEN THEY'RE POTENTIALLY S*?!?!!

Default Re: I was doing so well :'(

Forgot to mention - she definitely has a sv* :|

Quote Originally Posted by bex View Post
    Forgot to mention - she definitely has a sv* :|
    What does sv* mean?

Stomach virus..

*shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by bex View Post
    Stomach virus..

*shudder*

Thankyou, Its been all over the site and I havent had a clue what they've been on about.

Stomach viruses need a fair degree of close contact with an infected person to catch it. So your boss would need to be infectious and you would need to not wash your hands before eating. The CDC state that 1-2 days for symptoms to appear if either of you have it so by now you and definitely your boss should be starting to show clear symptoms if either of you have it.
    I believe stomach viruses tend to be spread via direct contact and surface contamination so hand washing is very protective.
    The CDC site is good but they have not an asterisk in sight
    Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A free web based treatment for emetophobia