Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A bit worried...

So I'm just a little bit worried about what I've been feeling for the past few weeks. For four weeks now, I've been constantly nauseous, having abdominal pain, bloating, gas, I've been having diarrhea and constipation (flip flopping between the two), headaches, lightheaded-ness, and now the newest symptoms are dizziness and a sore throat. My friend who I've been spending a lot of time with also has the same most recent symptoms of dizziness and a sore throat. She went to the ER on wednesday to find out what was wrong and they told her it was just a viral thing and to take some simple cold medication. So today when I woke up and felt like I was going to pass out, I got worried. Her dizziness never got that bad. But my dad convinced me to just take the same things she did and try to sleep it off. But after doing so today, I still feel awful. I just woke up and sat up in bed (slowly), and it really felt like I might just pass out. The nausea is also a big concern. I'm trying to hold off from taking the last of the couple Zofran I have left, but it's getting to the point where I might need to. Do you think I should go to the ER? Could this be more serious than a cold?

Default Re: A bit worried...

except for the diarrhea and constipation it sounds like symptoms of anxiety. i wouldn't go to the ER, but maybe just see a regular doctor.

this could be an inner ear issue which causes dizziness. i have problems withthat myself. the doctor put me on antivert (meclezine) for it.....taken as needed. just go to your regular dr and get checked out....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Symptoms of diarrhea and constipation are easily linked to anxiety. I suffer from the same maladies and I find that probiotics help to regulate my digestive system. I also recommend avoiding dairy products because I find that things such as cheese and milk tend to exasperate symptoms.