Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default V* Scenes in Movies

Just wondering if v* scenes in movies bother you guys. It didn't use to bother me, but my fear has gotten stronger, so it has been bothering my lately. I saw' Bridesmaids' yesterday, and there was like an intense 15 minute puke scene. I still can't get it out of my head :/ Am I crazy ?

Default Re: V* Scenes in Movies

Ugh yes, unfortunately I find them to be quite bothersome. I always become tense and just feel overall uncomfortable. The majority of people are not aware of my phobia so typically I just try to look away or strike up a conversation with whoever I'm with so I cannot hear it LOL. I would love to be able to laugh at them like everyone else but it's so gross and vile!!

I have seen Bridesmaids 3 times and whenever that scene comes I plug my ears and close my eyes. I've looked up for a few seconds and instantly closed my eyes again...it's just too much. Some movies if they have someone puke quickly in a trash can or something because they were drinking or something I don't get freaked out because it's from drinking. I used to be able to watch Problem Child as a kid and there is a long puke scene in that one and I could watch it but it's because they were on a spinny ride and got sick but I doubt I'd be able to handle it now because I'm way more emet now than I was then.

Ugh that sounds awful! I will definitely make a mental note not to watch Bridesmaids. Scenes like that always seem to make my stomach churn and it is just downright disgusting to be honest. I do not know why they find it necessary to include scenes like that in movies. It is irrelevant and insignificant in my opinion.

I think it bothers a lot of us. Only recently am I able to see the scenes, but only if I know about them beforehand and I know it doesn't happen again (or if it does where it happens.)

Enough of us are bothered by it that there is a thread with over 250 posts that serves to warn other emets about V scenes in movies and in TV shows.
    http://emetophobia.org/showthread.ph...ghlight=Movies

Kidsinmind.com is also a great resource for newer films.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haha I just don't get the point. I don't know anyone who thinks it's funny to watch or hear people vomit. Sure, occasionally I joke around with my buddies or my boyfriend, but overall, I do not think it is a laughing matter.

I don't like it.. I just turn my head. But it doesn't really freak me out. I don't get freaked out too much unless I'm actually exposed to something I could catch.

Thanks for the replies, and I will be sure to check out that link. And yeah, a lot of v* scenes don't bother me if it's because they were drunk. Those scenes are short. But this scene had like 5 girls all v*ing for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    I think it bothers a lot of us. Only recently am I able to see the scenes, but only if I know about them beforehand and I know it doesn't happen again (or if it does where it happens.)

Enough of us are bothered by it that there is a thread with over 250 posts that serves to warn other emets about V scenes in movies and in TV shows.
    http://emetophobia.org/showthread.ph...ghlight=Movies

Kidsinmind.com is also a great resource for newer films.
    omg that is amazing.
    i have always wished there was something like this

These type of things don't bother me. Any time I'm not at risk of v* myself, I don't get scared. However it does feed into me obsessing about v* & getting wrapped up in thinking about the last time I did it and the next time it'll happen.

Kelleigh Nicole
    24 - F - MA - Mommy to Kallie & Damyn

Facebook:

I just hate the way it sounds. It just sounds awful.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I'm with you on that one! It just sounds so full of pain and misery. I think that's why I dislike hearing others do it, but am okay when I do.

You may find these links helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    ahhh, I completely agree! I can handle seeing it as long as I don't have to hear it! yuck :x

It does sound like sheer pain and misery D:

If any of you are really bothered by vomit, don't watch The 41 Year Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It. LOL it has the WORST and longest vomit scene I have ever not had the pleasure to see!! Haha it was actually funny because it was so unrealistic, but it was still so gross and just ugh lol. That movie was actually terrible so I do not even recommend it to begin with! My friends and I rented it on a whim because we thought it would be funny -_-

Wait what is that ? is that like just one giant combination of a bunch of movies lol ? it sounds funny, those were great movies.

Quote Originally Posted by heydani View Post
    Wait what is that ? is that like just one giant combination of a bunch of movies lol ? it sounds funny, those were great movies.
    Haha yeah it's a giant combinational spoof. There were some really hilarious parts and then other parts I was like "WTF!" lol It's a good laugh if you're up for it! The vomit part was actually funny. The girl was super drunk so she starts puking in the car and she like keep vomiting and eventually fills up the whole car so at that point they are like drowning in puke. Lol! So gross but so fake so I was able to watch and laugh.

I'm getting better at being able to watch this scene in movies. I can manage hearing it in movies and tv shows like 2 and a half men and I actually thought the human volcano part in one epsiode with Jake throwing up in Alan's face was pretty funny (it's too much to explain and sorry if I am ebing graphical). I also feel that by watching other characters off shows do it you feel an odd connection to them. They are human like you