Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Never going to make it...

I don't know what I'm looking for in this post, just a place to vent I guess. I REALLY don't know how I'm going to survive this winter! My emet/anxiety is worse than its ever been and I don't really have any one in "real life" to help/support. My husband just gets sick of hearing about it, so I try to keep it to myself. But I'm finding myself in a daily panic, not wanting to leave home and not sleeping. I'm so sick of it!! Really, it's ridiculous for a mother of almost 4 young children to feel this way and I wish I could make it stop!! But the irrational, obsessive, OCD thoughts just keep coming. I really wish I could just hid under the covers and never come out. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant!

Default Re: Never going to make it...

i know this time of year is soooo stressful for us emets. i only have to worry about myself.....and my husband...no kids here.

are you on any meds for anxiety? you might want to talk to your dr. about it......i don't go to a therapist, but my regular dr put me on prozac for chronic anxiety and it truly helps me.

good hygiene is your best defense, so just try your best to keep up with the kids we're always here if you need us.....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I talked to my dr once about meds and she was reluctant at the time. I'm going to ask again at my appt next week. I'm hoping she'll be more willing since baby is fully developed now and just getting bigger. I really think I could use some extra help! I do try to keep everyone's hands clean and use the good sanitizer. I remind myself that I'm doing all I can....just worry that it's not enough. Thanks for the support

@kalyco - I hit rock bottom last winter and I have 3 children, people always say to me "how can you be afraid of v* with 3 children?" and it really annoys me because I think having the children, as much as you love them, makes the fear worse. The best thing you can do is keep doing what your doing - good hygine, maybe probiotics (i swear by them for me and kids) and just remind your children how important it is they keep their hands clean before eating. x

I feel like that on somedays

Thanks for the support everyone. I definitely feel like I'm hitting rock bottom this year. Blaming the pregnancy hormones, but I don't know. I might just be getting worse. Trying to just push through the panic and get by, but I feel miserable most of the time. And I mostly feel sorry for my poor kids...

I also feel like I am hitting rock bottom. I just had my first child in July....this year my fear is through the roof. I started seeing a therapist and will be getting on meds soon to help me. I PRAY it works and I pray we get by this year with NO sickness!!! You are not alone..I can tell you that. We will be here for each other.

I can totally relate. I dread 'flu' season. I just try to build my immunity by eating right (well I totally need to work on that to be honest lol), getting enough sleep--SO important and just taking care of myself physiologically and psychologically as well. It's all you can do, but it is enough! Try and look forward to the holidays! I often feel depressed when winter rolls around, but snow is so beautiful, I often forget about it. I also love all the Christmas decorations and the family get togethers...oh, and a month off from school hot dog! haha anyways, just try and keep yourself busy. Busy is good! Make a list of fun things you want to do/would like to try as well! Just take proper care of yourself and you will get through this winter!!

I so want to enjoy the holidays this year. Of course, being 8 months pregnant might complicate that further. I do try to assure myself that I do all I can to keep us healthy and the rest is out of my control. It's that out if control part that gets me! Thanks for being here everyone! This is really the only place I can air my anxiety about this, do thanks do much!

I understand! I think that is where emetophobia stems from; the fear of losing control. Unfortunately--like my father always tells me-- we must realize that SO much in life is not in our control. We can only manipulate a situation to a certain extent, and as for the rest, we just have to let it take it happen the way it's meant to happen. Of course, it is MUCH easier said than done. It takes practice and so much patience. I think one key step to overcoming emetophobia is to accept the fact that we cannot control everything.