Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Perfume

I need to vent........

I work on the 16th floor. Everyday I ride the elevator God knows how many times, and it never fails; almost everytime Im in there, some random woman will get in wearing so much perfume, it's like she bathed in it. Perfume makes me nauseous, bigtime! I must be allergic to it or something. Why do people have to be so inconsiderate by putting on so much perfume, that they go around smelling like a whore house?? It's not flattering...it's not pleasant....its gross and annoying.

Perfume was invented long before deodorant, it was used to cover up nasty body odor. We just dont need to douse ourselves in it now a days! Why would ANYONE want to even wear it when you are already wearing scented body soap, scented shampoo, scented deodorant, scented hair products, scented laundry detergent, scented dryer sheets, and scented fabric softner? Does anyone think that adding one more smell to all that is a good idea? I just think it is obnoxious...

Sorry....but I needed to vent so bad......I can still smell that lady, and it was 30 minuts ago I was in the elevator with her!!

Same here...I work with a woman who's sleeping with the boss,a nd he's a freak when it comes to colonge and bathes in it, so she does the same thing, as if to mimmick him, she's insane and she sticks, and its not a very large office space so the both of them combined is like the gas chamber...Remember Escape, well she still wears it but like, 6 shots of it, and it makes me totally nauseous, and now I've noticed even fuel smells make me sick, its like I've become weak to almost everything now, strong lights, strong smells weather its gas, fuel, or someone torching metal, its absolutely insane. I don't know how I got this bad......

But I do feel for you, very much so with the perfume.

i like perfume. haha.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Its better to smell perfume than B.O.!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Mitch I agree 100% buttt...when they pour on the perfume, especially floral scents, it can turn your stomach just as much if not more![img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]

Mitch, thats why people use deodorant......perfume doesnt get rid of the smell of BO, or prevent it, it just adds to the grossness of it, so then it smells like BO and raunchy perfume. EKK!

BO and perfume mixed is defenitly the worse. I knew this girl who never used deodorant, something with her ethnicity or something, and no one in her family used it. It was just gross. Could you imagine the house on a hot summer day?? But at least they didn't use perfume to cover it up.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

bring up the BO makes me think about this one time on the bus, this homeless guy got on and sat about 4 seats beside me ( don't ask how he payed for the ride, I don't know). But man, You could smell him like you wouldn't believe. the people beside him were trying so hard not to look rude but they had to open the windows on the bus, and everyone was trying to hold their nose and conceal it at the same time. It got so bad that I had to to breathe through my mouth and I just about had to get off the bus because the smell had turned my stomach so much.

wow. It's so sad how these people live. I swear, he must have not had a bath in over a year and probably not changed his underwear in 6 months. I don't know wether to feel sorry for them, or feel like it's their own fault.

as far as perfume goes, there is sometimes too much on people. we spend so much time trying to cover up our pharamones, I don't get it. lol.

I do love this new scent from victoria secret though. Its called amber romance and its my favorite. Mmmmmmmmmm.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I've tried amber romance before and it does smell good!

I work with a lady who is extremely allergic to any kind of strong scent. If someone wears a strong perfume, she starts coughing and can't catch her breath. Since I like some scents, I usually wear body spray which isn't nearly as strong as actual perfume. I like some of the scents from Bath and Body Works. I just spray 1-2 squirts and it doesn't seem to bother her. I do like to wear a little bit of my Ralph Lauren Romance on the weekend, though I certainly don't overdo it!

Old ladies that come into the place I work do this, I can't help them, it makes me cough and gag. Eww.

Anything with a strong odour turns my stomach so much. I can't believe that this woman you are talking about just pounded on the perfume, its a wonder why no one has said to her lay off with the juice. How can these people not smell themselves, like wow I put too much on?Makes you want to wear a nose plug!